It’s been a minute...

NickTheIrish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
29
Reaction score
43
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone!
Back when I was in High School (over 20 years ago), I got into the saltwater tank hobby! While I loved it, I never had the money to really delve too deeply into it, but I made due. Before I had to give up the hobby (moving across the country), I was limited to fish only.
Now, I have a three and-a-half year old son that LOVES fish! So, my wife and I purchased him a saltwater fish tank for Christmas. Er—Santa did...rather....
Anyway, I set it up for him Christmas Eve, and am trying to learn / re learn the world of saltwater fish tanks, with an ultimate goal of incorporating coral into the tank, once I know what I am doing, so as to minimize the casualties.
The tank is a 32.5 gallon Fluval bow-front. I have live rock, live sand, four damsals, several hermit crabs, a few snails (turbo, margarita, nassarial) and one starfish.
I apologize for my n00b questions in advance, and am excited to learn from my piers (sea-pun INTENDED)!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun.... :)
 
Hello, everyone!
Back when I was in High School (over 20 years ago), I got into the saltwater tank hobby! While I loved it, I never had the money to really delve too deeply into it, but I made due. Before I had to give up the hobby (moving across the country), I was limited to fish only.
Now, I have a three and-a-half year old son that LOVES fish! So, my wife and I purchased him a saltwater fish tank for Christmas. Er—Santa did...rather....
Anyway, I set it up for him Christmas Eve, and am trying to learn / re learn the world of saltwater fish tanks, with an ultimate goal of incorporating coral into the tank, once I know what I am doing, so as to minimize the casualties.
The tank is a 32.5 gallon Fluval bow-front. I have live rock, live sand, four damsals, several hermit crabs, a few snails (turbo, margarita, nassarial) and one starfish.
I apologize for my n00b questions in advance, and am excited to learn from my piers (sea-pun INTENDED)!
Welcome to R2R, and good luck with your new system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new