It got me

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They have stinging cells (cnidocytes) and nematocysts (stingers), so yeah. Some people never feel anything. Your hand may get puffy and will subside. Wearing gloves around All coral is a good practice. Take a benadryl. You will feel itching for a few days likely and is part of reaction to healing process

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tired homer simpson GIF

OP
OP
MohrReefs

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have stinging cells (cnidocytes) and nematocysts (stingers), so yeah. Some people never feel anything. Your hand may get puffy and will subside. Wearing gloves around All coral is a good practice. Take a benadryl. You will feel itching for a few days likely and is part of reaction to healing process
It just stung for a few minutes, a little vinegar took the pain away :). I never thought its sting would be strong enough to penetrate my skin. I've touched it numerous times lol. Shocked me this time.
I'll keep an eye on it though. Would my chalice sting like that if it touched me?

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been hit with a hammer and frogspawn, hammer was the worst. But got over quickly.

Not sure how I I didn’t take a hit from the galaxea, must have wanted to host my hand.

OP
OP
MohrReefs

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been hit with a hammer and frogspawn, hammer was the worst. But got over quickly.

Not sure how I I didn’t take a hit from the galaxea, must have wanted to host my hand.
I had a hammer stick to the pads of my finger pretty good before too. Way stickier then a frog. So I do not doubt that at all.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do I have? Don't let my wife sell my tank;Oldman. Light fading fast...

She's gonna be too busy spending the life insurance with her new BF to worry about your tank.. I will take it in so you can rest peacefully.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, the only valid treatment at this point is to amputate, then cauterize the wound with a majano wand then dip the arm in 3% peroxide to avoid infection,

Meanwhile, take a daily supplement of amino supplement and monitor the no3 and po4 concentration around the wound.

EDIT: forgot to mention, don't mistake your arm hair with hair algae around the wound, could be serious.

Back