It looks like some kind of algae. Can someone please ID it?

anddak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Very new to the hobby so struggling to id even the below. I am sure it's obvious for some of you. Could you please advise what's on the picture?

104420864_994910700962058_8202382896894248691_n.jpg

Thank you!

OP
OP
A

anddak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia, google and see if that is what you have?

It looks similar, but this is very strong green while aptaisa looks more brownish. I learned it's a type of anemone, Is that not unlikely to develop given the fact that I have a 2 month old tank with real reef rock? livestock is 3 fish, 2 hermits and a blasto frag.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its aptasia I would remove it. Since it's in the sand it wouldn't be a problem.

LAreefdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a method of removing these suckers. Because once they feel threatened they release a lot of eggs everywhere. Try Aiptasia X by redsea

OP
OP
A

anddak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a method of removing these suckers. Because once they feel threatened they release a lot of eggs everywhere. Try Aiptasia X by redsea

Thank you, there is no way I can inject it, they're so tiny. I am thinking of a way to get them out from the glass without making a mess. The credit card idea mentioned above is a good one, but not sure if I can syphone it to not to make a mess.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, there is no way I can inject it, they're so tiny. I am thinking of a way to get them out from the glass without making a mess. The credit card idea mentioned above is a good one, but not sure if I can syphone it to not to make a mess.
Tape the siphon to the bucket. Or have a second person help

OP
OP
A

anddak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tape the siphon to the bucket. Or have a second person help

Yepp, my wife helped, the operation was a success. :p There were soo many and quite small, it's very likely I missed some.

I am very disappointed as I've done months of research and set up the whole system by the books. It's a nano tank and my first one, the one thing I couldn't afford is a quarantine tank (big mistake). It's still very unlucky to introduce it so quickly, I have one frag....it must have come with that.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yepp, my wife helped, the operation was a success. :p There were soo many and quite small, it's very likely I missed some.

I am very disappointed as I've done months of research and set up the whole system by the books. It's a nano tank and my first one, the one thing I couldn't afford is a quarantine tank (big mistake). It's still very unlucky to introduce it so quickly, I have one frag....it must have come with that.
It happens don’t beat your self up. Even qt they still make it through.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back