That’s what she said :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
The Hills GIF

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They get black spots on the leaves. Then they gradually turn yellow...
Looking at them, here is what I see.

Lack of Manganese - This causes the yellow spots that then turn black and then the leaves die.

Nitrogen - They also look like they are a little nitrogen deprived. What is your NO3 and PO4? Now that is not the main N source for mangroves, as they love ammonia more than anything else, but if those are very low, then ammonia in the water is low.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a few option on upping the manganese in the tank, but I would do an ICP test to see what it is actually at. Triton makes a supplement, Reef Moonshiners does as well. So easy to get. CheatoGro has some in it, but if you are not getting it from food sources being added to the tank, it is a common one to deplete to nothing, as it is main micro element used in photosynthesis. This means all things use it. Most of the time water changes and food keep it where it needs to be, but if things are depleting it, the mangroves will suffer since they are the slowest thing in the tank to consume it.

For nitorgen, I will wait for numbers, but it may be a good idea to dose some ammonia in the sump at the return to aid in that. I am not talking about a lot, but if NO3 is high, we will have to figure out where to start, as it can lead to more NO3, but it typically does not. It starts to get really nerdy after that, so will just it at that lol.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 55 47.0%
  • Full frame

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 44 37.6%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back