IT's Alive!

genericfishname

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been slowly putting my reef-pi together after the kids go to bed. I started ordering parts back at the end of November. Also there is an electronics surplus store near me that had almost everything needed that wasn't raspberry pi specific. The 12v power supply is left over from my days as a cable guy (a long time ago). Everything is assembled in a way that can be disassembled easily to work on it in the future.

I plan to build out this system until I run out of I/O on the pi. The next goal is a Ph probe to control a CO2 scrubber I am installing on my protein skimmer. There is nothing quite as satisfying as turning a system on for the first time and having it work exactly as intended.

After the pictures below were taken the controller was mounted under the tank and put fully into service. These just show it in a temporary spot as a 48hr trial period to validate that the ATO would behave.

Thank you so much to all the people in this community that put work in to maintain and document this stuff so the rest of us can take advantage of it.

PXL_20230103_231429680.jpg

PXL_20230103_230953871.jpg PXL_20230103_231237910.jpg

Last edited:

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool!

Wasn't really around when I had my tank, had to use an Apex.

Did build a monitor out of a PI to keep tabs on the cooler at our brewpub a few years ago though, was a fun project :)

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took it pretty slow. All told there is about 10 or 15 hours in soldering and wiring. That includes preparing the enclosure.
Not as long as I was expecting!! Glad you got it done and working though!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back