It's always UPS

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the double edged sword with LFS; if no one bought online, LFS would be stocked with what locals wanted. Believe me I get it, have experienced the same delays and still buy online but if you want guaranteed delivery- you gotta be the deliverer.

mryan04290

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the double edged sword with LFS; if no one bought online, LFS would be stocked with what locals wanted. Believe me I get it, have experienced the same delays and still buy online but if you want guaranteed delivery- you gotta be the deliverer.
Agreed but sometimes deals are too good to pass up in the online market!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem I see is that shipping is a seasonally predictable thing. Summer it’s often too hot and dependent upon where the vendor is located and what route the box must navigate to your door coral shipments that didn’t melt in transit are either a miracle or something to be expected. Winter, spring and fall can also be tricky depending on the route.

I look at vendor sales, shipping costs and shipping routes and avoid seasons and routes with risks that often make the discount prices a bust based upon the likelihood of shipping delays and stress upon livestock that I don’t want to accept.

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAD TWO SHIPMENTS DELAY IN LOUISVILLE because of weather like they always fkn do… anyways one managed to get on flight early this morning and is now in my area , I cannot go pick it up due to it being on the trailer and since they changed my delivery date to tmm , nothing I can do even tho it’s literally 5 mins away from me

The other box is still delayed in Louisville ky with no progress , you ever try calling them? the dang machine sometimes just hangs up ….
Same for me, except I tried to change to local pick up and they want to charge me $6! Their delay (even though weather was clear in KY) but I have to pay to pick up. Ridiculous!

OP
OP
Pvtgloss

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone get their packages yet?? Or still waiting like me?
Mine came in. My daughter put them in the sump. I got off work early and rushed back into town and dipped and qt'ed them. They all made it. I'm not sure if they were going to look out for me if any didn't make it. But the corals were great. Nice big corals on brand new looking plugs. They even threw in a freebee. The packaging was really good too.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came in. My daughter put them in the sump. I got off work early and rushed back into town and dipped and qt'ed them. They all made it. I'm not sure if they were going to look out for me if any didn't make it. But the corals were great. Nice big corals on brand new looking plugs. They even threw in a freebee. The packaging was really good too.
Great to hear!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the third time in a few months where UPS screwed up. Next day air shipment of corals. It's a 2hr drive and they sent it to Philadelphia stating,"we've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause delays". The problem is that I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't be home to acclimate,dip and mount the corals in qt tank. All my daughter died will I'm out is feed, apex does the rest. The delivery date already changed to tomorrow. I've reached out to the vendor and haven't heard back yet, but on their website it states they are not responsible for shipping delays. I checked ups website and their guarantee to refund shipping fee. But I pay shipping cost to vendor. They way I see it, potentially the vender can refund the shipping for themself and I'll have a box of cold dead coral when I get home Sunday. I'm a concernd by the fact that the vendor hasn't reached out to me yet. Has anyone been through this? Any advice?

Screenshot_20230928_091014_Chrome.jpg
If you paid by credit card tell your bank you did not receive what you ordered and they will remove the charge unless the vendor takes care of you somehow. The vendor has insurance on his package no doubt. UPS is the worse. What can Brown do for you? Deliver dead corals.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back