It's always UPS

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is the third time in a few months where UPS screwed up. Next day air shipment of corals. It's a 2hr drive and they sent it to Philadelphia stating,"we've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause delays". The problem is that I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't be home to acclimate,dip and mount the corals in qt tank. All my daughter died will I'm out is feed, apex does the rest. The delivery date already changed to tomorrow. I've reached out to the vendor and haven't heard back yet, but on their website it states they are not responsible for shipping delays. I checked ups website and their guarantee to refund shipping fee. But I pay shipping cost to vendor. They way I see it, potentially the vender can refund the shipping for themself and I'll have a box of cold dead coral when I get home Sunday. I'm a concernd by the fact that the vendor hasn't reached out to me yet. Has anyone been through this? Any advice?

Screenshot_20230928_091014_Chrome.jpg

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the third time in a few months where UPS screwed up. Next day air shipment of corals. It's a 2hr drive and they sent it to Philadelphia stating,"we've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause delays". The problem is that I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't be home to acclimate,dip and mount the corals in qt tank. All my daughter died will I'm out is feed, apex does the rest. The delivery date already changed to tomorrow. I've reached out to the vendor and haven't heard back yet, but on their website it states they are not responsible for shipping delays. I checked ups website and their guarantee to refund shipping fee. But I pay shipping cost to vendor. They way I see it, potentially the vender can refund the shipping for themself and I'll have a box of cold dead coral when I get home Sunday. I'm a concernd by the fact that the vendor hasn't reached out to me yet. Has anyone been through this? Any advice?

Screenshot_20230928_091014_Chrome.jpg
Ok, where are these coming from. I like the prices

OP
OP
Pvtgloss

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Queen City Corals. I'm not talking trash about them. It's still early and I definitely understand things happen. I'm just concerned because I don't be home for a few days.
How long do you think corals can stay in a box for?

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shoot out to @Queen City Corals I forgot what day I was coming back from a business trip and accidentally ordered a trachy to the arrive on the same day i land. I had my SO open the package and float the bag in the meantime. Appreciate the invoice without pricing :star-struck:

on topic though, hopefully they still pull through with a delay. In my area Fedex is the one always dropping the ball. UPS is on point.

mryan04290

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently sitting in a similar situation with UPS except my coral is stuck in Louisville due to unknown circumstances. Was supposed to arrive this morning and they have pushed it to tomorrow. I just don’t want to be out $100+

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAD TWO SHIPMENTS DELAY IN LOUISVILLE because of weather like they always do… anyways one managed to get on flight early this morning and is now in my area , I cannot go pick it up due to it being on the trailer and since they changed my delivery date to tmm , nothing I can do even tho it’s literally 5 mins away from me

The other box is still delayed in Louisville ky with no progress , you ever try calling them? the dang machine sometimes just hangs up ….

Last edited by a moderator:

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently sitting in a similar situation with UPS except my coral is stuck in Louisville due to unknown circumstances. Was supposed to arrive this morning and they have pushed it to tomorrow. I just don’t want to be out $100+
I hope I’m not out $2k….

OP
OP
Pvtgloss

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I HAD TWO SHIPMENTS DELAY IN LOUISVILLE because of weather like they always fkn do… anyways one managed to get on flight early this morning and is now in my area , I cannot go pick it up due to it being on the trailer and since they changed my delivery date to tmm , nothing I can do even tho it’s literally 5 mins away from me

The other box is still delayed in Louisville ky with no progress , you ever try calling them? the dang machine sometimes just hangs up ….
That's crazy. Mine arrived in Louisville at 11 this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Pvtgloss

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fwiw- Queen City Corals is a solid vendor and pack their corals well. Hopefully this works out
Thanks man. I'm not hating on them. It just really sucks for me. The corals will be in bags from wed-fri and then sit in the sump in bags until Sunday evening when I get home.

mryan04290

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But srsly the more you order , the more you will see it’s almost ALWAYS that Louisville hub.
Just had my vendor call me and give me an update and offered to replace the coral if they don’t make it so that’s a relief! Said it was a freak thunderstorm last night in Louisville that has caused all shipments to the east coast to be delayed

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
But srsly the more you order , the more you will see it’s almost ALWAYS that Louisville hub.
Louisville is the headquarters and main Hub, there has been a lot of delays down there recently. Power outages and mechanical breakdowns is what I have been told.

Still it's no excuse when we pay for overnight shipping it should be just that. If they can deliver than they shouldn't be selling it.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. I'm not hating on them. It just really sucks for me. The corals will be in bags from wed-fri and then sit in the sump in bags until Sunday evening when I get home.
Agree it sux- if you can have a local talk thru your sitter how to get them into the tank that could shave off some crucial days.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I should add mine was shipped Monday for Tuesday delivery, delayed a day and dead. That was before the storms hit us last night. (I live 1.5 hours away from Louisville)

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Queen City Corals. I'm not talking trash about them. It's still early and I definitely understand things happen. I'm just concerned because I don't be home for a few days.
How long do you think corals can stay in a box for?

Corals should come out of the box ASAP. I'm thinking that perhaps you should choose a different shipper.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back