!!it's MARGIC MARLII MARNDAY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The palmers and p on p are just awesome. I can imagine a tank with nothing but these two gems

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only sort of. i cant really deny what i see. everything i have under reefbreeders looks amazing. I should do one of those phone top down vids. I really think its the warm whites. As much as i hate to say it my radions didn't even come close to pulling color like these do. no warm/neutrals. I'm kind of a seeing is believing type of guy and whats in front of me is undeniable.

If I recall correctly there was a special model or was custom made? Is this the light you are referring to? It was a while back so I don't remember the details.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If I recall correctly there was a special model or was custom made? Is this the light you are referring to? It was a while back so I don't remember the details.

No actually. Just running the standard reefbreeders over that one. About 13 on total with about 6 hours of 100%. Mounted about 20-24" above the water line

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How deep is tank? Sharing is caring :)
I really want to buy a pack, don't know how I'm holding it together.

It's an 8'x2'x10" glass tank. Running one four foot and one 32 inch fixture. I have said it before and I'll says it again. Side by side. My rb's outperformed the radions. Maybe not as "cool" But the warm whites win. Not saying the radion can't grow coral. It performed quite well but pound for pound and overall health and color of my acros the rb's are visibly producing better results, at least for me. And no I am not affiliated with Logan or RB at all. Just a customer with an anecdote. And I firmly believe my sps have simply responded extreemly well to the warm neutral white.

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the blue and pink millies are incredible, I need to get those!

Which RB fixture do you have? I just looked at their site and their fixtures have Neutral Whites, not warm whites, you must have a different configuration? Thanks! and killer frag pack!

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, I think you're right about the neutral/warm white. I don't have any led, but I did help someone diy a 6' 94 diode diy just about 2 years ago. It took me a solid month to convince him to use warm/neutral whites. In my research and understanding using warm/neutral white makes having specific red and green diodes obsolete. They definitely have much more pick up on that end of the spectrum compared to cool white. You can get all the blue you want out of led because who runs the blue channel at 100% anyways?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the blue and pink millies are incredible, I need to get those!

Which RB fixture do you have? I just looked at their site and their fixtures have Neutral Whites, not warm whites, you must have a different configuration? Thanks! and killer frag pack!

I was kind of grouping warms and neutrals in the same category as opposed to cools that is. mine have the stock configuration nothing different at all:)

Ocean reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 8 of the RB's over my display and 2 over my sump and i have no problems growing anything...by the way nice milli pack if i wasn't leaving town on Friday i would by it send me a PM next time u make one

ReefPiracy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an 8'x2'x10" glass tank. Running one four foot and one 32 inch fixture. I have said it before and I'll says it again. Side by side. My rb's outperformed the radions. Maybe not as "cool" But the warm whites win. Not saying the radion can't grow coral. It performed quite well but pound for pound and overall health and color of my acros the rb's are visibly producing better results, at least for me. And no I am not affiliated with Logan or RB at all. Just a customer with an anecdote. And I firmly believe my sps have simply responded extreemly well to the warm neutral white.

I don't doubt your corals look better but I think it has more to do with nutrient levels and other parts of the system.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back