!!it's MARGIC MARLII MARNDAY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
forget you even saw the title of this one and focus on the milli.

quick and groovy 10 pack of captive collectables! happy to finally be able to frag my roks t-storm he's back from the near dead after a couple years of dormancy. looks pretty dark in the corner there but this one is a gem. Small little thing but such an awesome milli. Deep blue with green polyps . Not going to go slapping BC in front of the rest but most of these are nuggets hidden in my secret milli garden.

Some of these frags aren't all that flattering i know and one of these days ill get around to shooting the mothers in all their glory lol!! till then its just teasers i guess.

299.00 shipped
  1. Sunrise
  2. Hellraiser
  3. Palmers blue
  4. Soft Rainbow
  5. Crazy bananas!
  6. Wondermelon
  7. Marmalade
  8. SunnyX sunset
  9. Pink on Pink
  10. Roks T-storm
IMG_1517-Edit-Edit_zps2a5ca896.jpg

IMG_1526_zpsb557eab5.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Palmers is intense!

agree and thanks Gary! That colony is just thriving under a reef breeders fixture of all things! as is the pinky. not sure whats going on but the punch seems to really pull out some vibrant colors. it really reminds my what the sakis do. I cant really pull color like that under radiums for some reason.

cubsare1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful collection there, I love milli's. A pack like this will have to be my next order!

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm usually not into pinks but I can't stop staring at that thing! I would've called it pink pillow, looks fluffy LOL!

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get some shots under disco lighting?

I was thinking the same thing and maybe strobe? This single spectrum lighting is boring. He should have every spectrum on hand and ready to take photos by request. Adam, he's quit the slacker!

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree and thanks Gary! That colony is just thriving under a reef breeders fixture of all things! as is the pinky. not sure whats going on but the punch seems to really pull out some vibrant colors. it really reminds my what the sakis do. I cant really pull color like that under radiums for some reason.

Are you trying to sell me on LEDs again?
Sakis really pull out pink colors. The lighting is basically yellow and pinks look neon, very surprising.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I see daylight photos with the frags in Tupperware please? I think these have been shopped...

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you trying to sell me on LEDs again?
Sakis really pull out pink colors. The lighting is basically yellow and pinks look neon, very surprising.

only sort of. i cant really deny what i see. everything i have under reefbreeders looks amazing. I should do one of those phone top down vids. I really think its the warm whites. As much as i hate to say it my radions didn't even come close to pulling color like these do. no warm/neutrals. I'm kind of a seeing is believing type of guy and whats in front of me is undeniable.

Last edited:

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only sort of. i cant really deny what i see. everything i haver under reefbreeders looks amazing i should do one of those phone top down vids. I really think its the warm whites. As much as i hate to say it my radions didn't even come close to pulling color like these do. no warm/neutrals. I'm kind of a seeing is believing type of guy and whats in front of me is undeniable.
And people don't believe me when I say it lol

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And people don't believe me when I say it lol

It was some of your posts that actually made me consider that was the case in the first place. I know that you have been saying that for a long time know and for me the proof is in the pudding. :)

I should really get some pice of these mothers. my only considering for the leds at this point is longevity. and consistency with the RB's but as of now they work well. no doubt in my mind. growth could be better but color is good to go.

with the sakis i always felt it was the punch. They just really had a lot of gusto compared to the 20ks Like i said earlier, the effects i see remind me of the color i could pull with iwasakis which was as good as it ever got for me.

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was some of your posts that actually made me consider that was the case in the first place. I know that you have been saying that for a long time know and for me the proof is in the pudding. :)
:D

with the sakis i always felt it was the punch. They just really had a lot of gusto compared to the 20ks Like i said earlier, the effects i see remind me of the color i could pull with iwasakis which was as good as it ever got for me.
The Iwasaki bulbs have very little 450nm (it actually dips from ~445-450nm) and gives large amounts of green, amber, and red. (note, the yellow line is the proper ballast to run it on, a probe-start M58)

iwasaki6500K.gif

It takes less energy to make green and red light than blue, so it's possible to get more total photons of light out that way. And people still say that adding green or red LEDs (or even using white LEDs) will harm coral. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
:D

The Iwasaki bulbs have very little 450nm (it actually dips from ~445-450nm) and gives large amounts of green, amber, and red. (note, the yellow line is the proper ballast to run it on, a probe-start M58)

iwasaki6500K.gif

It takes less energy to make green and red light than blue, so it's possible to get more total photons of light out that way. And people still say that adding green or red LEDs (or even using white LEDs) will harm coral. :)

i ran them on m80s. They did not have the same effect/performance on galaxy or m58 equivalent. I just burned through them too fast:( there was a noticeable change at about 4-5 months.

how do the warm/neutrals compare to the saki on the graph? have you got any data? would bet its probably pretty close?

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ran them on m80s. They did not have the same effect/performance on galaxy or m58 equivalent. I just burned through them too fast:( there was a noticeable change at about 4-5 months.

how do the warm/neutrals compare to the saki on the graph? have you got any data? would bet its probably pretty close?
On an M80 ballast they were pulling far more current, running them out of spec, which is why they were changing so quickly.

I don't know the exact spectral curve of the Reefbreeder's whites (they would be hard to track down, each Chinese OEM that sells 'Bridgelux' white LEDs does it differently), but they generally follow the same kinda curve as this:
XM-L2%2520white.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back