I've been in this hobby for a year now and I just cant seem to make it work. I can you the communities advice, as I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My god dude, this is who I've been arguing with? You've run a 23g BRACKISH FOWLER tank with a single puffer for the past 2 years, with 500 GALLONS worth of purigen in a media reactor. You just added corals a few months ago (GSP, Leathers, and a full tanks worth of SPS frags for some reason), decided to raise your salinity months after, dosed your dKH to 14.5 with kalkwasser and killed almost everything. Not to mention that you're testing with an API Reef Master kit. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: You're in no position to be arguing with anyone, let alone posting "my first fish tank" videos in threads where people are discussing actual reef chemistry. You seriously can't make this up. God I love reef2reef.

I don't use any purigen haven't for a long time.

Most of what you say and assume about me is not correct. Watch that video and learn before you diss water changes.

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use any purigen haven't for a long time.

Most of what you say and assume about me is not correct. Watch that video and learn before you diss water changes.
You know what man, good luck to you. You've bested me and you're clealy the better reefer. I hope you figure out why dosing AFR in a low nutrient environment is causing your dKH to swing wildy. If you search hard enough, there is a 10 page thread on that exact subject somewhere on this site. Maybe do a WC, I don't know.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what man, good luck to you. You've bested me and you're clealy the better reefer. I hope you figure out why dosing AFR in a low nutrient environment is causing your dKH to swing wildy. If you search hard enough, there is a 10 page thread on that exact subject somewhere on this site. Maybe do a WC, I don't know.
Yeah I don't even dose AFR. But when you insult my puffer you can get lost.

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I don't even dose AFR. But when you insult my puffer you can get lost.
Just Tested:
  • Alkalinity 11.5 dKH

So I recently added a carbon reactor and phosguard reactor. That seems to have done something to strip my water of whatever was helping keep alkalinity stable. Alkalinity is going up and some coral tissue is receding. I've removed the carbon/phosguard reactor and slightly lowered my all-for-reef dosing.
Ummm....dis you? You know we can see your previous posts right?

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm....dis you? You know we can see your previous posts right?
You're such a joke dude. You think I post everything I do on my tank on here? And the fact that you bring that up to try to force me to concede, yeah right. You insult my fish you better bring bigger guns.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done with you
1666411345086.png

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done with you
1666411345086.png
Idk what you hoped to accomplish by posting a pic of my profile. I'm a member of r2r, you got me

Stop running up in other people's threads and screaming about WCs. Go watch your soon to be fowler tank again and calm down.

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're such a joke dude. You think I post everything I do on my tank on here? And the fact that you bring that up to try to force me to concede, yeah right. You insult my fish you better bring bigger guns.
Ok, let me solve another one for you. No, your aiptasia is not eating your snails.
I'm dealing w/ multiple issues with my tank right now and I'd like to find out if anyone has had snails die in a tank that's been overrun with aiptasia.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it’s time for this thread to be closed down. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back