I've turned the corner for better or worse.

salinity now

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Messages
154
Reaction score
85
Location
Topeka KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my reef tank crash I started focusing on nutrient load. I've had this horrible crud growing on my glass. I finally realized that I've been overdosing the Red Sea AB. I quit using it altogether and after 6 days a much better looking tank. The skimmer is going on 6 days now with no improvement however. It does make for some nice foamy water and micro bubbles to aerate my tank so there's that. Are skimmers a scam? Will advise!
 
What´s your KH and Calcium concentrations? ((Red Sea A-B rise these two parameters)

Sincerely Lasse
 
What´s your KH and Calcium concentrations? ((Red Sea A-B rise these two parameters)

Sincerely Lasse
Maybe my next purchase! Hanna! Not only overdosing the Red Sea but Reef Fusion 1 without a calcium test. My guess is calcium levels were over the top. I notice my PH was dropping and was adding reef buffer which was spiking my alkalinity, now sitting at 13. Mistakes that cost me my favorite Tang. Onward through the fog!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new