Ivory's NSW DD Reef Pro 900

Richard Ivory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after lurking in the background for the last 5 months i have decided to start a build thread ,i started this tank on new years day 2019 ,its a DD Reef pro 900 which is 290 litres and the size is 3 foot by 2 foot deep by 18 inches hgh ,a shallow reef

i will add what i have done so far over the next few days bringing the thread right up to date now

t2.jpg

t1.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

t6.jpg

t7.jpg

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i decided to put two cabinets either side to house all the electrics and controllers ,so decided to make two uv bonded glass cabinets to sit inside these (as i work in the glass industry) and also wrapped the sump in a blue film

t15.jpg
t19.jpg
t16.jpg
t17.jpg
t18.jpg
t19.jpg
t20.jpg
t21.jpg
t22.jpg
t23.jpg
t10.jpg
t11.jpg
t12.jpg

@Richard Ivory Looks great, keep the pics coming. Might want to replace the main drain ball valve with unions and gate valve.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richard Ivory

Richard Ivory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Richard Ivory I can't get over how great that glass looks!

What is the plan for the bottom cabinets? Maybe a custom glass ATO reservoir and multi-chamber dosing containers?
this was all started in january so been up and running for 5 months now ,but just started this thread, there is a ato in the sump but its only lasting 3 days ,so i will be looking for something like tat in the future

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Thanks for sharing.

So...apparently you have the exact same light that we call a "Reef Breeders Photon V2" over here? But, it's different in the UK. Interesting. Do you mind me asking what the light goes for over there $$?

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So...apparently you have the exact same light that we call a "Reef Breeders Photon V2" over here? But, it's different in the UK. Interesting. Do you mind me asking what the light goes for over there $$?

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Richard Ivory

Richard Ivory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

it cost me £309 which is about $392 i think

OP
OP
Richard Ivory

Richard Ivory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

about 392 dollars for the 2 foot version

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back