Iwaki 30 RXT

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Folks.

I have an Iwaki 30-RXT pump and was wondering if anyone who has ran these can throw in their two cents. I am taking it 12' and was wondering if that would be fine for a 60 gal cube with a T off to my Ref at a slower rate controlled by a gate valve to the ref? I am building a manifold for future use but I'm still in the planning stages.

Thanks in advance for your input.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Against 12 feet of head it will deliver about 330 gph according to the Iwaki performance curves, which would probably be adequate for your system depending on how much circulation you want. You will need to minimize any friction losses with oversized piping (I would use 1") assuming the 12 feet is only the elevation difference.

OP
OP
KevPool

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Against 12 feet of head it will deliver about 330 gph according to the Iwaki performance curves, which would probably be adequate for your system depending on how much circulation you want. You will need to minimize any friction losses with oversized piping (I would use 1") assuming the 12 feet is only the elevation difference.
Have you used these pumps? The line runs out the side of the head but almost looks like the head could be taken off and turned 90° so the pump goes straight up? I couldn't find any information on that but according to the diagram it looks like it is possible ??? Lol thanks for your reply

OP
OP
KevPool

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The drawing shows it how I would like it:
MD-30RXT-115NL.jpg

Mine looks like this one:
300405-iwaki-md-30rxt-aquarium-pump-a.jpg
i would like it like this:
s787370473319829128_p694_i1_w500.jpeg

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can rotate the head so that the discharge port is pretty much in any direction. On the older pumps that I have used, the discharge nozzle could not be oriented exactly vertical or horizontal, but was always about 10-15 degrees off which created a bit of a plumbing issue (which can be solved with a 90 degree elbow or flex tubing in the discharge to get it back to 90 degrees). The second picture you show seems to show this orientation. The last picture you show seems to indicate Iwaki might have changed this design so that it can now be vertical. Either way it is not an insurmountable problem. If it is not vertical, you just have to install a 90 degree elbow from the discharge back towards (or alternatively away from) and along the axis of the pump. You then have a horizontal pipe run that you can add another 90 degree elbow turning upward which gets you back to vertical. If you cannot or do not wish to do this, the Pan World Line of PX pumps have vertical discharge nozzles.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back