Jabeo controlled by apex, without a reef angel cable

tony...kokomo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I'd give Lil update on the cord situation. Why but reef angels cord for $25+shipping when you can make it for under $8 and be able to keep pumps cord intact
a3uhyhug.jpg
just waiting on the waterproof connector for pump side and we'll be ready. Have good night folks we all snowed in here blizzard 2014. Lol

dvskin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I would bump this with a question! I was wondering if anyone has a guide for the Diablo DC return pumps. I know I asked it before, but I kinda need a little more guidance.

dvskin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I am understanding this a little more. I will have to purchase a dimmer that is controllable by a 0-10v signal source, and has the correct input/output voltage for the pump in question. Correct me if I'm wrong plz.

Also, I can buy a 2 channel dimmer if I were looking to control 2, correct??

tony...kokomo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can make your cords for the cost in parts and ship no cost for putting it together

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok now this is way over my head. lol i need to get back to ground basics. So to program my Jebaos to the Apex I would need to buy a pair of 1k ohm Resisters and wire them to an ethernet cord?

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok now this is way over my head. lol i need to get back to ground basics. So to program my Jebaos to the Apex I would need to buy a pair of 1k ohm Resisters and wire them to an ethernet cord?

One pair per pump. If you don't want to cut the cords you need to buy the appropriate wiring adapters too.

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to follow along with all this and its racking my brain. I want to mod a Jebao DC12000
Are these mods strictly for the Jebao WP powerheads or can the same mod be used for The DC return pumps also?
From what I understand the WPs use a 0-5v variable and the DCs use a 0-10V variable. Which would explain the resistors to step down the 0-10v the Apex puts out to protect the WPs.

tony...kokomo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wp series pumps only can handle 0-5 VDC so must have voltage divider
BUT
the DC series can handle 0-10vdc
No divider needed

elmexotics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digital Aquatics just release a cool new interface that can be used on any system with a 0-10v output. It is set up for 2 pumps and uses the power supply that comes with the pump. They are sending instructions on how to use it with other systems too.

Digital Aquatics Online Store

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digital Aquatics just release a cool new interface that can be used on any system with a 0-10v output. It is set up for 2 pumps and uses the power supply that comes with the pump. They are sending instructions on how to use it with other systems too.

Digital Aquatics Online Store

So with this new part, will we be able to control Jaebo pumps through the Apex now? How much control (like will we be able to switch each pump to a different mode, turn to feed mode, etc...)?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back