OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Alk is between 8-8.5Dkh. I ran a g2 over my frag tank a while back and had poor growth and color. I would get rid of those lights ASAP and replace with g4 pro or an ati t5 fixture.

reefsponge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love it! What is the red tabling acro in the front right side? Love the lay out of the rock work. Well done.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Alk is between 8-8.5Dkh. I ran a g2 over my frag tank a while back and had poor growth and color. I would get rid of those lights ASAP and replace with g4 pro or an ati t5 fixture.

My alk is the same, I’m
Running a gen 2 pro and gen 3 pro, you had better sucesss with the gen 4 pro? Interesting to know, hard to argue the ati with a reef bright setup.

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rick,
Looking good for sure, My Jackson Tenius still hanging in there getting big, the new build I have the Hydra 26hd's
so it has paled out a bit but it's only been a month, Hey what is this a shortcake or hopefully something else with yellow on it?
upload_2018-2-18_8-33-36.png

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alk is the same, I’m
Running a gen 2 pro and gen 3 pro, you had better sucesss with the gen 4 pro? Interesting to know, hard to argue the ati with a reef bright setup.

I ran the g2 over the frag tank and t5 over display. I didn't like what I saw on most SPS that I moved in there. I like more of a plug and play type lighting. I never tried g3, but the g4 on the AB+ template was as plug and play as it gets for LED. Like you said, no arguing the T5's + reefbrites.... cost efficient too. I think a combo of g4 pros and t5 is the best (without going halide/t5). As of now my lighting on my my next tank will be g4 + t5. That's a year away so who knows what will change by then :)

Do you see a difference between the corals under g2 and g3?

This what I am hoping it is?
upload_2018-2-18_8-37-37.png

Hey Tom, glad the tenuis is doing well. Your's is probably much larger than mine now :). That piece is an Atlantis Shades of Fall. I'm not really sure what it can turn into, looks shortcakish to me :D

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the g2 over the frag tank and t5 over display. I didn't like what I saw on most SPS that I moved in there. I like more of a plug and play type lighting. I never tried g3, but the g4 on the AB+ template was as plug and play as it gets for LED. Like you said, no arguing the T5's + reefbrites.... cost efficient too. I think a combo of g4 pros and t5 is the best (without going halide/t5). As of now my lighting on my my next tank will be g4 + t5. That's a year away so who knows what will change by then :)

Do you see a difference between the corals under g2 and g3?

Hey Tom, glad the tenuis is doing well. Your's is probably much larger than mine now :). That piece is an Atlantis Shades of Fall. I'm not really sure what it can turn into, looks shortcakish to me :D

I am sure by then they will have gen 5 pro, I don't see much of a difference, slightly in the UV channels before dark during the blues, both are set to the same program in APEX fusion. I was also running that AB program (from coral labs?) and decided today to increase my white from 24% to 50%, maybe its too blue? What T5 bulbs do you run? I am currently with 2 Blue+, 1 Purple Plus, 1 coral +.

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure by then they will have gen 5 pro, I don't see much of a difference, slightly in the UV channels before dark during the blues, both are set to the same program in APEX fusion. I was also running that AB program (from coral labs?) and decided today to increase my white from 24% to 50%, maybe its too blue? What T5 bulbs do you run? I am currently with 2 Blue+, 1 Purple Plus, 1 coral +.

Im always playing around with the t5. In the Giesmann Specta that I'm running, the T5 output is very poor.... Nothing like an ATI fixture. The T5s are more for adjusting the spectrum of the halide. I have been running 2Blue+ and 2 Coral+, but more recently 2actinic+2Purple which looks awesome when on alone with the reefbrites. I don't see a change in the corals no matter which T5's I run because Par from them are so low. Par at the water surface was around 200 from the blue+ and coral+, that's 1/3 the strength of an ATI fixture.

amashun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! i have been reading your MH post and brought me here.
would like to ask, how you like your spectra with the reefbrite XHO led? any updated FTS please?

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im always playing around with the t5. In the Giesmann Specta that I'm running, the T5 output is very poor.... Nothing like an ATI fixture. The T5s are more for adjusting the spectrum of the halide. I have been running 2Blue+ and 2 Coral+, but more recently 2actinic+2Purple which looks awesome when on alone with the reefbrites. I don't see a change in the corals no matter which T5's I run because Par from them are so low. Par at the water surface was around 200 from the blue+ and coral+, that's 1/3 the strength of an ATI fixture.
Sorry to hear about the Giesmann. For sure ATI has the output[emoji6]

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! i have been reading your MH post and brought me here.
would like to ask, how you like your spectra with the reefbrite XHO led? any updated FTS please?

Thanks. The reefbrites add noticeable pop to the spectrum, and I like to view the tank dawn/dusk with only the blue led on. Ive been very busy lately but the talk is doing ok I guess. Not like the first 2 years, but I have some very nice frags that I am growing out.
IMG_5480 by rich colombo, on Flickr

Sorry to hear about the Giesmann. For sure ATI has the output[emoji6]

It's all about the halide with the spectra :). ATI/ is the best t5 fixture that I ever used

amashun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for that man, appreciated the pictures.
FTS looks great, agree with the spectrum, every colour looks so pop.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back