Jager's Evo 13.5 Reef tank

VTBig053

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a question for you. Have you ever heard of someone using both intank chambers 1 and 2 media shelves? I purchased both today and was thinking of using one as a refugium. Any thoughts?

Sorry to barge in. I run both InTank media baskets in my EVO 13.5 and have chamber 2 set up a chaeto fuge. I'll add photos to my build thread here - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vtbig053’s-fluval-evo-13-5.376494/ as not to clutter up Jaegers build thread so you can check it out. Works pretty well. I have had to cut the fuge photo period to only about 6 hours at night in order to keep nitrate detectable in my tank. I harvest about a baseball size clump (roughly half the basket volume) every two weeks or so.

MiamiAG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jaeger,

Just wanted to chime in as I'm a Miami guy and work in Ft. Lauderdale. Congrats. The tank looks great.

I'll be setting up a nano soon and your thread has been a great inspiration. Keep up the good work.

Best,

Art

motownjc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run both intank baskets in mine.
Chamber 1:
Top: Filter pad
Middle: crbon (just put it in cause I had it laying around) and purigen
Bottom: merine pure

Chamber 2:
Top: sponges
Middle: merine pure

Does the refugee help at all?

Thinking about dosing kalkwasser too.

OP
OP
jaegers_reef

jaegers_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jaeger,

Just wanted to chime in as I'm a Miami guy and work in Ft. Lauderdale. Congrats. The tank looks great.

I'll be setting up a nano soon and your thread has been a great inspiration. Keep up the good work.

Best,

Art
Thanks man! That is awesome to hear! Do you go to Hydra Aquatics?

OP
OP
jaegers_reef

jaegers_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run both intank baskets in mine.
Chamber 1:
Top: Filter pad
Middle: crbon (just put it in cause I had it laying around) and purigen

Chamber 2:
Top: sponges
Middle: merine pure

Does the refugee help at all?

Thinking about dosing kalkwasser too.
My refugium keep my nitrates at 0.

TB Nano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a very nice looking tank! I’m hoping I can get a similar set up with my new 13.5G. Just out of curiosity are you still running the AB+ on the lights? Also, how do you like the Jebao doser and Duetto ATO? It looks like you modified some Voss bottles as your holding tank for the doser?

OP
OP
jaegers_reef

jaegers_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a very nice looking tank! I’m hoping I can get a similar set up with my new 13.5G. Just out of curiosity are you still running the AB+ on the lights? Also, how do you like the Jebao doser and Duetto ATO? It looks like you modified some Voss bottles as your holding tank for the doser?
Thank you! Yes, I am still running the same schedule. Doser and ato are great. Haven't had any issues with either of them! And yep, those are Voss bottles!

TB Nano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Yes, I am still running the same schedule. Doser and ato are great. Haven't had any issues with either of them! And yep, those are Voss bottles!
Would you be willing to share your AI profile settings? I just received my light Tuesday and set up the BRS AB+ but I think it is too strong for this tank?

Daniel91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of your build. Could you provide us with an updated list of gear you are rocking?

Back