Status
Not open for further replies.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef2Reef Photo of the Month Contest Sponsored by Avast Marine!

This month's subject is: TOP DOWN SHOT

Entering is easy, just follow these simple guidelines: Enter ONE photo, taken by you of the subject for the month, before the deadline.
  • Multiple entries, off subject photos, broken image links and submissions after the deadline will be disqualified for voting.
  • The photo must be of your reef, shot by you, and posted to the threads by you. We will also accept actual reef photos shot by you (i.e. in the ocean)
  • Entrants who create multiple accounts to post pics or vote will be disqualified.
  • Updated Rules: You must have an avatar uploaded when you enter. If you fail to have an avatar when your pic is uploaded, you will be disqualified from the contest!!!
  • Winners of a previous photo of the month contest within the last 6 months are welcome to enter, but they are not eligible to win the prize.

In order to qualify to win the Avast Marine Porthole you must also like the Avast Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/avast.marine/.

The deadline to submit pics will be January 30, 2016 at 11:59 PM (EST).

Winner will be determined by Reef2Reef Member voting by poll which will be up after the submission period. In case of a tie, the Mod Team will assist in picking a winner. Rules, deadlines and terms are subject to change at staff discretion at anytime.

The winner will receive The POTM Winner Logo, a year's free premium membership, and an Avast Marine Porthole courtesy of Avast Marine (winners located outside of the United States will have to pay all applicable shipping costs)!:)

The prize:
http://www.avastmarine.com/collections/avast-built/products/top-down-porthole-smartphone-edition

mulit_porthole_grande.jpg
lenshousing_md.jpg.png

Take great photos of your aquarium from the top down, the way corals are meant to be viewed! This handy lens housing mounts directly to the barrel of your DSLR lens, allowing you to (carefully) dip the housing in the water and get tack sharp photos without annoying lightbulb reflections or surface ripples. Using the three thumbscrews to mount the housing on the lens barrel, you can turn the housing to zoom the lens, which can be difficult with traditional top-down photo boxes.

Back by popular demand, our original "shorty" Top-Down Porthole now features attachment mechanisms for nearly every camera available! Besides the original 3-screw DSLR barrel mount, the optional adjustable C-bracket accommodates nearly every smartphone out there. Another optional angle mount connects any point-n-shoot camera with a tripod screw mount. This is a recessed threaded hole in the bottom of your camera that is a standard size (1/4"-20 threading) for mounting to tripods.

Many thanks to our friend Chris Thomas (143gadgets) for the photos taken with the Porthole. As a professional photographer, he has provided us with valuable feedback during the product's design.

Thanks to Avast Marine for sponsoring the R2R Photo of the month contest!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back