Jason g 120g Upgrade

jason g

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2013
Messages
603
Reaction score
138
Location
Fresno, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked her up today, here's the pics from the ride to her new home. I'm keeping it in my garage so I can sand it and repaint it black. Previous owner plumbed to run as a Saltwater setup. It came with an All Glass Aquarium Sump model 4. I also bought a custom made skimmer that can run up to a 380g tank. I will be running Current Nova T5 72inch 12 bulb fixture. More pics to follow to show progress .
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140118_135416_396.jpg
    IMG_20140118_135416_396.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,016
  • IMG_20140118_164502_584.jpg
    IMG_20140118_164502_584.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,055
  • IMG_20140118_164939_459.jpg
    IMG_20140118_164939_459.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,020
  • IMG_20140118_182340_306.jpg
    IMG_20140118_182340_306.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,059
Exciting huh?! :D
 
30 Sump

I decided to buy a 30g tank and have my uncle add the acrylic baffles to it. I've used a wet dry sump before and Im not a big fan of them. I just prefer a custom sump fit to my needs.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140124_192916_726.jpg
    IMG_20140124_192916_726.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 969
Sanding Pics

:rain:Just my luck only got to sand 3 doors and a piece of stand until my sander took a dump on me.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140125_173311_322.jpg
    IMG_20140125_173311_322.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 917
  • IMG_20140125_160447_917.jpg
    IMG_20140125_160447_917.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 906
  • IMG_20140125_124442_673.jpg
    IMG_20140125_124442_673.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 930
The in laws came to the rescue with a sander. The whole Fam Bam got involved. We finished the stand and I'll finish the canopy next weekend. Here's some fun pics of us from today.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140126_184033_236.jpg
    IMG_20140126_184033_236.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_20140126_181805_886.jpg
    IMG_20140126_181805_886.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_20140126_181337_077.jpg
    IMG_20140126_181337_077.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 885
  • IMG_20140126_170225_955.jpg
    IMG_20140126_170225_955.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 930
  • IMG_20140126_160829_093.jpg
    IMG_20140126_160829_093.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 906
Picked up a used Mag 9.5 900gph as my return pump but at 4feet I will get around 700gph.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140205_194922.jpg
    IMG_20140205_194922.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 869
So I decided to go with Jacobean color, more of a rustic look. I still need to hit the canopy more and then add the gloss. I spent my Saturday afternoon and night doing this.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140209_005018.jpg
    IMG_20140209_005018.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 860
  • IMG_20140209_101442_748.jpg
    IMG_20140209_101442_748.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 855
Looks great tagging along, I just got my 120g 48x24x24 and will be starting my upgrade soon.
 
Not yet I will be starting one soon. I will post here for all to see.
 
A pic from today. The stain finally set in. Plus I finished sanding the other two doors and stained them also.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140216_153056_421.jpg
    IMG_20140216_153056_421.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 769
Very cool!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new