Jason g 120g Upgrade

:dance:I finally did the rock scaping yesterday. Here's some pics and a new FTS. I'm happy!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140330_153933_925.jpg
    IMG_20140330_153933_925.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_20140330_153942_039.jpg
    IMG_20140330_153942_039.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_20140330_153952_269.jpg
    IMG_20140330_153952_269.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_20140330_154052_556.jpg
    IMG_20140330_154052_556.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 404
Just some pics from last Sunday.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140406_153842_802.jpg
    IMG_20140406_153842_802.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_20140406_154042_037.jpg
    IMG_20140406_154042_037.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_20140406_153804_853.jpg
    IMG_20140406_153804_853.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 389
My Candy Cane Trumpets, Green Stylo, Superman Monti and Mr Mandarin by the Neon Green Trumpets.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140411_125405_245-1.jpg
    IMG_20140411_125405_245-1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_20140406_153941_381.jpg
    IMG_20140406_153941_381.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_20140406_154034_278.jpg
    IMG_20140406_154034_278.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_20140406_153627_512-1.jpg
    IMG_20140406_153627_512-1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 376
Is it weird I like to open my sump doors and stare at my whole setup while I surf R2R on the Kindle? Lol:nerd:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140428_241307_916.jpg
    IMG_20140428_241307_916.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 386
Some updates from today.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140521_190516_442.jpg
    IMG_20140521_190516_442.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_20140510_123015_365.jpg
    IMG_20140510_123015_365.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_20140518_210236_728.jpg
    IMG_20140518_210236_728.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_20140520_142340_894.jpg
    IMG_20140520_142340_894.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_20140518_205704_299-1.jpg
    IMG_20140518_205704_299-1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 362
Some more pics, heres a FTS including a pic of my water flow. Lol
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140521_192353_877.jpg
    IMG_20140521_192353_877.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_20140521_185847_757.jpg
    IMG_20140521_185847_757.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_20140521_190351_434.jpg
    IMG_20140521_190351_434.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_20140521_190752_359.jpg
    IMG_20140521_190752_359.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_20140521_192830_065.jpg
    IMG_20140521_192830_065.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 396
Some updated pictures.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140627_131539_806.jpg
    IMG_20140627_131539_806.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_20140627_131827_688.jpg
    IMG_20140627_131827_688.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_20140625_141420_803.jpg
    IMG_20140625_141420_803.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20140625_140802_775.jpg
    IMG_20140625_140802_775.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_20140625_140629_730.jpg
    IMG_20140625_140629_730.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 349
Updated pictures.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140625_132903_846.jpg
    IMG_20140625_132903_846.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_20140625_141436_117.jpg
    IMG_20140625_141436_117.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 335
Some pics.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140718_195202_609.jpg
    IMG_20140718_195202_609.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_20140718_192036_027.jpg
    IMG_20140718_192036_027.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20140719_174146_649.jpg
    IMG_20140719_174146_649.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 326
Some more pics
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140719_174121_252.jpg
    IMG_20140719_174121_252.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_20140718_195222_166.jpg
    IMG_20140718_195222_166.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_20140718_192102_927.jpg
    IMG_20140718_192102_927.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20140724_142412_862.jpg
    IMG_20140724_142412_862.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 341
My Dragon Favia and my skimmer hard at work. Lol
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140723_141319_716.jpg
    IMG_20140723_141319_716.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_20140626_134802_362.jpg
    IMG_20140626_134802_362.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 329
Thanks I've been trying really hard to stay on top of my dosing. I've noticed a big difference since keeping an eye on the big three. Calcium, Mag and Alkalinity.
I am currently setting up a 125 gallon and was wondering what test kit are you using to check cal, mag, alk. Also would you mind taking a picture of the sump setup and piping because I'm trying to get an idea of how to do mine.
Thanks
 
I am currently setting up a 125 gallon and was wondering what test kit are you using to check cal, mag, alk. Also would you mind taking a picture of the sump setup and piping because I'm trying to get an idea of how to do mine.
Thanks

I use the Red Sea test kit to test for the big three because it is more accurate then the API kit. I made a t with a control valve for water flow from return pump to phosban reactor. I have two return lines running into tank and back into sump. The previous owner plumbed the tank this way. My sump is a basic setup nothing to fancy but it gets the job done I love it.
 
Sump and Plumbing pics.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140306_142805_296.jpg
    IMG_20140306_142805_296.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_20140309_090602_355.jpg
    IMG_20140309_090602_355.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_20140309_152342_048.jpg
    IMG_20140309_152342_048.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 276
I use the Red Sea test kit to test for the big three because it is more accurate then the API kit. I made a t with a control valve for water flow from return pump to phosban reactor. I have two return lines running into tank and back into sump. The previous owner plumbed the tank this way. My sump is a basic setup nothing to fancy but it gets the job done I love it.
I have one more question. How'd you get the pipe to fit on the phosban reactor?
 
I attached a fitting to the connection that runs to the phosban reactor with a valve to control flow to the reactor then I ran the outflow connection to the skimmer. I hope this helps you out. Not the best pictures.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140726_170304_053-1.jpg
    IMG_20140726_170304_053-1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_20140726_165643_884.jpg
    IMG_20140726_165643_884.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 267
I attached a fitting to the connection that runs to the phosban reactor with a valve to control flow to the reactor then I ran the outflow connection to the skimmer. I hope this helps you out. Not the best pictures.
Yah that helps so much. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new