Jason's Build Thread and Introduction to ORA

JasonFreeland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My site introduction is here https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/meet-greet-forum/132054-greetings-oklahoma.html, but I thought a tank thread would be in order. I am currently using a 38 gallon Oceanic that previously lived in both a 58 gallon and 20 hex, with the 20 being set up in 2000. I also got rid of most of my live rock due to a Aptasia infestation via a hitchhiker and got some new rock from Paul Whitby. Paul was nice enough to to an even swap since his Berghias were hungry. I have a 4 bulb 24" current T5 fixture, but will be changing to LED at some time in the near future. The overflow is a lifereef and the sump is custom from one of the old COMAS members.

fulltank.jpg
sump.jpg
controller.jpg

The visible equipment on the middle picture are the following, BRS dual media reactor, Aquamax Nano Star Calcium Reactor and a Bubble Blaster HY2000 for the return. The right picture has my Apex lite and the beginnings of my battery backup system out of site. My skimmer is a modified Bubble Master NAC6A with new plates, volute and no I'll die if a fish farts in my direction Atman pump. Two false Perculas and a peppermint shrimp round out the non coral livestock. There is a breeding population of Nassarius snails, but nothing else at the moment. I have one Crocea, two RBTAs, Blue Zoas, Octo, and a variety of stonies I picked up this weekend.

clam.jpg
clowns.jpg

Long term plans after the new lights are to switch to either a Cadlights 50 Cube, 70 Artesan II, or a Marineland 93 Cube. I'm also looking at building my own stand this time. Thanks for inviting me to play.:wave:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back