Jawbreaker meltzathon

Eddiebg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can cause two jawbreakers to detach and melt ? Recently introduced a nice xl Yuma into the tank that’s in a cup with rubble and did one 15% wc. One jb has completely disintegrated and the other one has completed his detachement . The weird part is that I also have CC and krypto in the tank and they’re not affected . Any ideas ?

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a water chemistry issue. We're the shelrooms properly acclimated? Oftentimes a sudden change in chemistry from one tank to another causes issues.

OP
OP
Eddiebg

Eddiebg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they’ve been in the tank for a month + and perfectly fine . My idea was the Intro of the Yuma caused some sort of warfare ? I never heard of anything like that though lol the Yuma (new intro) is fine

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemical warcarw is indeed a real deal within our tanks, but usually when in very close proximity. It is oossipos that the shrooms you got had some sort of damage or infection that they succumbed to.

OP
OP
Eddiebg

Eddiebg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave the surviving jb a revive dip and put him in a little container with rubble and what not so we’ll see if it can pull through. It’s looking healthy besides “curly “ stuff showing by his foot . I know that’s a bad sign but I see it often with upset corals so hopefully this guy pulls through

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JBs are pretty hardy, I’ve often thought about what it would take to kill one. I would check your parameters, maybe they are just more sensitive than the other shrooms. If everything checks out you could run some carbon to clean up any toxins if they exists.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back