Jawbreaker meltzathon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eddiebg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eddiebg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
26
Location
Joliet
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can cause two jawbreakers to detach and melt ? Recently introduced a nice xl Yuma into the tank that’s in a cup with rubble and did one 15% wc. One jb has completely disintegrated and the other one has completed his detachement . The weird part is that I also have CC and krypto in the tank and they’re not affected . Any ideas ?
 
Sounds like a water chemistry issue. We're the shelrooms properly acclimated? Oftentimes a sudden change in chemistry from one tank to another causes issues.
 
Yea they’ve been in the tank for a month + and perfectly fine . My idea was the Intro of the Yuma caused some sort of warfare ? I never heard of anything like that though lol the Yuma (new intro) is fine
 
Chemical warcarw is indeed a real deal within our tanks, but usually when in very close proximity. It is oossipos that the shrooms you got had some sort of damage or infection that they succumbed to.
 
I gave the surviving jb a revive dip and put him in a little container with rubble and what not so we’ll see if it can pull through. It’s looking healthy besides “curly “ stuff showing by his foot . I know that’s a bad sign but I see it often with upset corals so hopefully this guy pulls through
 
JBs are pretty hardy, I’ve often thought about what it would take to kill one. I would check your parameters, maybe they are just more sensitive than the other shrooms. If everything checks out you could run some carbon to clean up any toxins if they exists.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new