Jay's Little Ocean AIO Aquarium.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I started to break down my original 150 gallon aquarium I found myself wanting to desperately stay in the hobby. But between raising a family consisting of my wife and three boys & working a demanding job that occupies 19 hours a day Monday through Friday. Few options of staying in the hobby were available. But I stumbled upon the JBJ 45 RL All-In-One aquarium and decided that the size would be small enough to make caring for it manageable (and not to mention extremely affordable). But it would be large enough to accommodate my vision of what I beautiful aquarium should look like. So I apologize in advance because most of the photographs will be taken with my Apple iPhone 6S Plus and not with my Canon 7D Mark II DSLR. But if time permits I will definitely snap some high resolution photographs. So I hope you decide to tag along and share your comments, thoughts and suggestions.

33ceb1e4f2c05d078370b282a46fefe5.jpg

(This is a photograph taken this evening of my reef aquarium as the sunset mode was in full swing.)

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I started to break down my original 150 gallon aquarium I found myself wanting to desperately stay in the hobby. But between raising a family consisting of my wife and three boys & working a demanding job that occupies 19 hours a day Monday through Friday. Few options of staying in the hobby were available. But I stumbled upon the JBJ 45 RL All-In-One aquarium and decided that the size would be small enough to make caring for it manageable (and not to mention extremely affordable). But it would be large enough to accommodate my vision of what I beautiful aquarium should look like. So I apologize in advance because most of the photographs will be taken with my Apple iPhone 6S Plus and not with my Canon 7D Mark II DSLR. But if time permits I will definitely snap some high resolution photographs. So I hope you decide to tag along and share your comments, thoughts and suggestions.

33ceb1e4f2c05d078370b282a46fefe5.jpg

(This is a photograph taken this evening of my reef aquarium as the sunset mode was in full swing.)
Nice downgrade. I like it.

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stocking lists and equipment specifications.

Equipment Currently Installed

-Tunze 9004 Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer
-Tunze 7095 Multicontroller
-Two Tunze 6095 Nanostream Controllable Power Heads
-Tunze Osmolotar 3155
-Two Aqua Gadget Mini Media Reactors. One is filled with Aquamaxx Activated Carbon and the other is filled with Aquamaxx Granular Ferric Oxide
-Eheim 300 watt Glass Heater.
-EcoTech Marine Radio. xr30w Pro Gen 3 Light
-EcoTech Marine Reef Link
-Neptune Systems Apex Controller with a single Power Bar

Future Equipment
-Looking to add a Geos Reef Calcium Reactor.
-Looking to add two Neptune Systems DŌS for coral food and Magnesium supplementation.
-Looking to add a Neptune Systems PM2 with extra Temp Probe, Salinity Probe and ORP Probe.
-Throwing around the idea of adding a secondary EcoTech Marine Radion xr30w Pro Gen 3 Light.

Livestock
-8 Fiji Green Chromis
-2 ORA Snowflake Clownfish
-2 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
-1 Tiger Tail Cucumber
-4 Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crabs
-7 Margarite Snails
-6 Tonga Nasarius Snails

Corals
-True Oregon Tortusa Acropora
-Reef Gardener Reef Goddess Acropora Selago

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back