Jay's Reefer 350

jaysreefs91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
It has been a long long time that I haven't gone back to any forum. After moving to different state few years ago, finally we bought the house and it is the time for a new tank. Me and my brother were sharing the same 75gal rimless tank and when I moved, he took care over it. So my plan is setup new tank and ship all fish and corals up here.
Tank:
RedSea Reefer 350
White Cabinet
V3 Sump
Equipment:
RedSea Skimmer 300
RedSea Reef LED 90
2- Nero5
Coralife UV light
Hydro SeltzD 2400
TwoLittleFishes Reactor

Here is the pics with old tank:

Here is the truck:

Received and unbox:

Assemble:

1st rock-scape

when it in the tank, it is different. so water in ♥

I want tocreate a manifold for the return but something happen.
I did not know RedSea tank use metric for plumbing. I cut the return pipe and try to hard plumbing. I was freak out because it didnt work.
so I run to BRS to find the adapter.

then realize I need a metric coupler to connect original pipe and the adapter. So I found it in coralvue and all I need is less than $1 item and must pay $15 for shipping. That is insane!
Meanwhile I was waiting, I setup QT tank and bought this lovely pair. Extreme Davinci Clownfish

Sump is pretty done. all connected. I found a light for cheato on Amazon for $16 puck. not bad.
Here is the giant frogspawn after 7 years from 1 single head. My brother took it out for shipping.

My biggest boy in the tank. He is salfin tang, got him was quater size now is he show size but he got HLLE and the scar never heals but he is very calm and healthy. Never pick on any one.

OP
OP
jaysreefs91

jaysreefs91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used DrTim one and only, ammonia and bio spira for the cycle. when the cycle is completed. I start adding livestock slowly. Overnight shipping all the fish and corals. Bought some extra frag when the LFS has 20% discount.
Adding new Blue Hippo Tang also. She is the best tang which I ever bought. Super shy at fish but now she is everyone "crush". Eating well ( no pellet- only flakes and frozen) and get along with everybody.
IMG_9090.JPG

More pics:
IMG_9091.JPG
IMG_9093.JPG
IMG_9092.JPG
IMG_9094.JPG
IMG_9095.JPG
IMG_9849.JPG

OP
OP
jaysreefs91

jaysreefs91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in the 4th months the tank running, my wife want to add her favorite fish: Yellow Tang without letting me QT fish.
but after 2week of shy and being picking by the purple. She is now very active, swim right to food and fight back the purple tang.
I know a lot people gonna talk to me about "tang police" but I can proudly say that they are 90% get along. Salfin is big brother, always jump in the middle when purple and yellow start to fight. Purple is picking on yellow may be 2-3 times a day. Yellow is more brave day by day. Dory is everyone crush so very peaceful and love to swim,eat, sleep.
IMG_9848.JPG

They are line-up and ready for breakfast.
HORY9804.JPG

Newest member of the tank
Indo DragonSould Torch. OMG! I ♥ it at the first look and got a good deal at local reefer. 1hr drive but he make it worth it. It is on the left - on the right is regular green tip torch but the body is green looking under blue LED.
IMG_E0033.JPG

At first I really love the AI NERO5 because the small design, strong output and easy to control over the app.
But honestly I feel there is too many dead spot in the tank even I place 2 nero5 face to face on each side , either 2 in the back.
I am looking into Maxspect 330 on the wall side and keep 2 nero5 in tha back wall?
What do you recommended? Should I pull the trigger or wait for Red Sea reefwave?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 163 73.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back