OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures I took today of two of my newest corals. I finally had the time to buy an SD card for the Canon Rebel T6 camera that I won at my work's Christmas party.
Enjoy :) more photos to come soon!

sRKo5D0.png

hr8PU6Z.png

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Build! Im curious about your electricals.... Care to share your control center? I'm wondering if all the boxes can fit comfortably inside the side

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have much of a control center. Everything is kind of done sloppy lol. I do have everything on a drip loop, and the main power strip sits on my bedroom window. I'm planning on selling this tank and picking up a Reefer 170. For some reason I want to downsize lol.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selling it already? How satisfied are you with the tank? You said you wanted to downsize but I’m wondering if you liked the tank at all

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually love the tank. The only flaw was the instructions to assemble the cabinet. They were not very descriptive, but after you kind of figure it out, it is cake to put together.
I do want to downsize just because I want to go back to a smaller tank. Big tanks don't really interest me as far as keeping them.
Extremely satisfied with the tank and the build quality. I didn't have any problems with the quality of the tank at all.
I posted earlier about wanting to get a Red Sea Reefer 170 which I might be doing later down the road. I want to have a cube aquarium, easier to maintain (even though my tank isn't much to maintain at all), I want stuff more compact and I plan to make the Reefer 170 sps dominant.

Do you have any other specific questions about the tank? There are some mixed reviews about Cadlight, but tbh I haven't had a problem with their tank. Majority of their concerns were their customer service, but luckily I didn't have to deal with them lol.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just pm’d you another question lol

Don’t want to flood your thread with questions

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the tank! Switched over to one Radion XR30W Pro Gen 4. So far I'm loving this light a lot!
Previously I went from 1 Hydra 26 HD, then switched to 2 AI Prime HDs and now I'm using the Radion. I bought a diffuser for the light to help spread the coverage.
This light is awesome! I'm also running the AB+ schedule, so far my corals are loving it.

IMG_2819.jpg
IMG_2820.jpg
IMG_2821.jpg

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good man! Like the purple growth on your power heads!

What’s your fish list?

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vahanyos Haha thank you! Yeah, the coralline algae is going nuts on my equipment.
My fish list is a pair of domino clownfish, coral beauty angelfish, yellow coris wrasse, purple firefish, and scarlet flasher wrasse.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great list - my first is a line spot flasher wrasse but I’m headed in your direction lol

How is your coral beauty with coral? Does he pick at all?

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily he is a model citizen. I haven't seen him pick at any corals unless it is to clean it. No nipping or any signs of nipping on my coral's polyps and etc.
I must have gotten lucky or it's a matter of time until he does. I keep him fat and well fed so maybe he doesn't want to eat corals for dessert lol.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back