Jaysushi's Cadlights Versa 42 Reef

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking great!!

Mine delivered a little over a week ago! Still gathering things for it. I'm going to start a build thread soon!

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like longer tanks. I never really owned a cube before, but I'm not a huge fan of them. Some do look amazing. Just not my style.
Good luck on your tank!

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@icedgxe You should! I would like to see the progress on it, and thank you! It kind of took a halt as of now because of work being busy lately.
I've only done water changes so far, havent added anything new in over 2 months or so haha. It still looks so empty, I need to stock it with more corals!

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@icedgxe Yes I will tomorrow. It is the stock plumbing and sump, but I will take a picture of it for ya. Nothing too fancy heh

That would be perfect! Thank you! I believe I am going to run the stock plumbing for now as well. That's one of the reasons I want to see your setup.

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@icedgxe Hey, I apologize for the very late response. I didn't get a chance to send you one sooner than I thought. Here it is though, I just took a pic of my sump.
The stock plumbing isn't bad at all. Once it gets worn in a bit the noise is unnoticeable. At first you will hear herbie drain and the overflow. It does get better and quieter once it develops a slime coating.

NyxE3Jb.jpg

Chrysantha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes thanks Jaysushi. Definitely helped me make up my mind. I did some cost math and I think I'll end up with the SCA 66, though I know it's quite a bit bigger it looks like the stock sump is better for what I want, and ended up being like $50 more with all supplies. Now I just have to save up for it!

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@icedgxe haha thank you! I try to keep it clean and not look too cluttered and what not. I made the mistake of cutting the green vinyl tubing too short so I had to go out and buy a clear one which was a bad idea. As you can see light goes through it more and starts to green up with algae and what not. Don't make the same mistake I did :'(

@Chrysantha SCA isn't a bad setup. That was going to be my other option. I didn't want that big of a tank as far as gallon size. I also tried to steer clear of cube tanks.

Chrysantha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@icedgxe haha thank you! I try to keep it clean and not look too cluttered and what not. I made the mistake of cutting the green vinyl tubing too short so I had to go out and buy a clear one which was a bad idea. As you can see light goes through it more and starts to green up with algae and what not. Don't make the same mistake I did :'(

@Chrysantha SCA isn't a bad setup. That was going to be my other option. I didn't want that big of a tank as far as gallon size. I also tried to steer clear of cube tanks.

My husband doesn't like the look of cube tanks either and I wanted a more elongated sump which is why I decided for the 66 instead of the 50 cube. I think they are pretty but also for where is going to sit and the lack of a back room to put the sump into, I don't think it's practical for my setup right now. I do love the rimless on all of these tanks. I love the red sea reefers but they are so expensive!

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanoreefer562 I only had a small leak because I didn't put the gaskets on the bulkheads on each side of the glass.
Ever since I did that it has not leaked at all. I hand tightened them all to a nice snug. Not over tighten but enough to make sure there wasnt going to be any leaks.

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ethridge78 just a few new corals. Haven't really been posting updates on here. I will soon though! Plus I just won a Canon EOS Rebel T6 in a raffle from my work's Christmas party. So, I'll definitely be posting up some quality pictures that aren't iPhone pictures soon enough lol!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back