Jazzmik's Fusion 20

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by jazzmik, Oct 7, 2017.

1. jazzmik

jazzmik Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Tampa Bay Reef Keepers Build Thread Contributor

Ok, didn't do this for my RS Reefer 450 so figured I would try and start a build thread on this IM Fusion 20. Will see how long I can keep it up...

Here's a list of equipment. Most of it's in, but still waiting on a few pieces that are on order and I haven't decided 100% on light but pretty sure I'll be going with a Nanobox Duo Plus M.

• Tank: IM Fusion 20
    • Stand: Ikea Brimnes (reinforced)
    • Lighting: Nanobox Duo Plus M
    • Flow: Sicce 1.5, Jebao SW4, MP10QD
    • Filtration: 2 inTank Media baskets (Filter floss, Seachem Purigen, my own bags of GFO/Carbon)
    • Siporax Filter Media
    • Heater: Eheim Jager 75w
    • ATO: Tunze 3155 Osmolator
    • Skimmer: Reef Glass Nano
    • Rock: Reef Cleaners dry rock
    • Sand: Tropic Eden Reef Flakes
    • Salt: I've been using RSCP but just bought IO Reef Crystals so will be trying that
    • ADJ Products PC-100A AC POWER STRIP
    • APC Back-UPS Pro 1000VA UPS
    • Flipper Nano Magnet Cleaner

Give me your thoughts on first pass at the scape:

scape1.jpeg

scape2.jpeg

scape3.jpeg scape4.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    czhao1009 likes this.
    Tags:

2. jazzmik

jazzmik Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Tampa Bay Reef Keepers Build Thread Contributor

Originally I didn't want to spend the money on MP10, which is why the Jebao SW4 is in the list, but picked one up used for good price. I'm spending way more on this build than I wanted to!!

I still have to reinforce the stand which I was supposed to do today but I really am hating the idea of hacking away at a DIY :mad:

3. d2mini

d2mini Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Nice! Where are you putting the siporax?

4. jazzmik

Plan was in the 2nd chamber but I may split the bag into the bottom shelves on each inTank basket.

They are being delivered today so need to see how much room I have. Those things are tight on space.

5. jazzmik

By the way @d2mini that Mitras looks sweet on your nano!

Do you have to have the entire GHL controller to use app for settings or is it standalone?

6. d2mini

d2mini Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

On that tank just the light. I run the Profilux on my big tank.

7. jazzmik

Not looking forward to this... But time to reinforce the stand.

Gonna try and frame it out and put the Ikea over it like a shell... or something like that :D!

Resized_20171007_163049_3009.jpeg

Liquid360 likes this.
  8. Liquid360

Liquid360 Well-Known Member

DIY never fails to become an adventure. I have a tough time making an all encompassing shopping list and inevitably ends with me making a dozen trips to Lowe’s over the course of a day ☹️

samnaz likes this.
  9. jazzmik

Have to get this light order in today... still not sure what to get.

Nanobox Duo or Hydra 26 HD? Recommendations?

10. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Goby Whisperer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I have the Maxspect Ethereal on my IM Nano 20 but I was also considering those two lights. I think for me the deciding factor was that the maxspect had an all-inclusive mounting bracket whereas the AI Hydra 26 needed an additional mount at additional cost and I didn't want to deal with the gooseneck mount of the nanobox due to my cat liking to put her paws on stuff that's not hers! I also believe the Ethereal looks better than the other lights, it's more than just a box-looking light.

The AI light does have built in controllability and so does the Nanobox if you get the right model. You do need an external WiFi controller for the maxspect in order to get the most out of functionality (it does work without it, but only with preset functions). Mine was a pain in the butt to get connected all the way too.

If you want to see what it looks like on the IM Nano 20, here's a pic:

20171005_165617.jpg

Chrisfish, Liquid360 and jazzmik like this.
  11. jazzmik

Tank looks great @pensacola-aquarist

I do like the look of the Ethereal. It's one of those lights you can't really find any info on. Not a ton of reviews.

Is it just white & blue channels?

12. tupes

tupes Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Louisiana Reef Club

Search youtube. Several good videos. Looking forward to seeing your tank come along. I'll be following.

nautical_nathaniel and jazzmik like this.
  13. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Goby Whisperer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

You're right, there aren't a whole lot of reviews on it. It's doing well for me so far, but I've only had it on the tank for 3-4 weeks.

It has multiple (5 or 6, can't remember off the top of my head) channels that include a few red and green bulbs as well as the typical daylight warm white lights, bright white, two different blues, a purple/violet set, and some UV diodes. It's a full spectrum light for sure just like the ecotechs, AI's, etc. It has full controlability of all of those channels. You can set it up for automatic scheduling based on the color temperature of light that you want (which I'm doing right now) or you can completely customize just about every aspect of lighting you want to have, including the color of the RGB "moonlight" that sits in the fan area of the tank (You can actually make it white like the actual moon would be on a shallow reef for instance).

14. jazzmik

@nautical_nathaniel did you just have a name change?

Anyway... wondering if an XR15 Pro would work. I know it says max coverage of 24" but I've read some folks say there may be shadowing on the edges.

Only thing I don;t like about the Radions is I would need to buy a Reeflink to control.

15. nautical_nathaniel

16. jazzmik

Well... bit the bullet and just ordered a Nanobox Duo Plus M.

Should be about a week or so before I get it.

17. nautical_nathaniel

I think that light will be able to meet most, if not all of your needs, good choice!

18. gashunk

gashunk Well-Known Member

Yeah they’ll be shadowing toward the edge but your rock setup is in the middle so I wouldn’t worry to much about shadowing I use two radions on my 90gal and I don’t see to much shadowing also yu don’t need to use a reef link to control it there is a slot on the side that plugs up via usb to control but honestly once you have it set how you want you don’t mess with the settings after that

19. jazzmik

Thanks @gashunk I actually just picked up a Nanobox Duo. Will see how it goes. Should get it in a week or so.

20. gashunk

gashunk Well-Known Member

Yeah I read that right after I posted it! Oops lol

Draft saved Draft deleted