JBJ 20 Cubey media basket

DeNovice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new here and new to salt as well but this site has proven to be very helpful so far so I’m hoping someone will have an answer for this question.
I can’t find a media basket for the first chamber in the JBJ 20 Cubey. There’s a lot offered for the IM, Waterbox, Red Sea etc. but nothing for JBJ that I can find. Can someone point me in the right direction? I’m not above some DIY if necessary.
Thanks

OP
OP
DeNovice

DeNovice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps someone will 3d print you one.
That’s a route I hadn’t considered. Thanks. I just ordered some plastic grid yesterday. I’m going to try my hand at cutting that up and just making my own. It looks simple enough.. <— famous last words before a 5 hour job lol.

bro1123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new here and new to salt as well but this site has proven to be very helpful so far so I’m hoping someone will have an answer for this question.
I can’t find a media basket for the first chamber in the JBJ 20 Cubey. There’s a lot offered for the IM, Waterbox, Red Sea etc. but nothing for JBJ that I can find. Can someone point me in the right direction? I’m not above some DIY if necessary.
Thanks
Intank makes one! I’m also doing JBJ 20 gallon - I just purchased one myself

bro1123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thank you! Will you be doing a build thread?
I can - guess I never thought about it. Still currently learning the process but it has been fun so far. Still waiting on hardware to finish putting my stand together. But I got the RODI up and running tonight - hoping to start making saltwater by the weekend and hopefully fill my tank and start cycling next week.

OP
OP
DeNovice

DeNovice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can - guess I never thought about it. Still currently learning the process but it has been fun so far. Still waiting on hardware to finish putting my stand together. But I got the RODI up and running tonight - hoping to start making saltwater by the weekend and hopefully fill my tank and start cycling next week.
I got a good deal at my LFS for the tank and stand combo so I was lucky enough to be up and running pretty quick. Still a few weeks out for the cycle to finish though. Still learning about this site but I’ll try and keep up with you since we have the same tank. They’re pretty rare dimensions for jbj from what I’ve learned.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back