JBJ 45 Build

Daedalus8311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I may have missed it but what was your return pump upgrade to? Think you just said jebao

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update Bought this InTank Media basket to us as refugium Just set it up so ill let you guys know how it works out. But as review of the product it ok pretty expensive almost 70 buks. But built well and massive space compared to the original one. One of the thing with the original one its first chamber is way to low specially if you remove the black filter stuff which makes the water fall noise when just using filter floss. Im using the JBJ Nano-Glo 4-LED Refugium Light. I'v used this light before in my main tank and worked great . So let see what happens !

20180403_210515.jpg

20180403_210549.jpg

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. One thought, as long as u don’t let detritus trap in the chaeto this should grow. I did the same thing, but could not stop the detritus collecting in between the chaeto. Since then i moved to the next chamber and got a Refugium Basket. I lost some
Of my chaeto. So I’m in a try out period as well... good luck!!

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. One thought, as long as u don’t let detritus trap in the chaeto this should grow. I did the same thing, but could not stop the detritus collecting in between the chaeto. Since then i moved to the next chamber and got a Refugium Basket. I lost some
Of my chaeto. So I’m in a try out period as well... good luck!!
Thanks man did you run filter floss on the top ? I'm hoping that will help stop and detritus from getting in there.

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man did you run filter floss on the top ? I'm hoping that will help stop and detritus from getting in there.

Yeah I did, but not exactly floss like what inTank sells. It was like cotton. But same thing. I’m hoping this works. It should. But keep an eye.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the fuge basket in my 45 Flat Panel for some rock rubble and Matrix. I really like it. I was going to switch it to a mini refugium once my bioload increased, but now I am thinking I may just add another basket for the other side.

EDIT: I note the JBJ Flat Panel aquariums do not have the 2” chamber at the bottom of the compartments. These go all the way to the bottom of the tank. The InTank fits it well, but sits 2” lower. One could easily raise it if needed with eggcrate or acrylic rods.

CL_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT: I note the JBJ Flat Panel aquariums do not have the 2” chamber at the bottom of the compartments. These go all the way to the bottom of the tank. The InTank fits it well, but sits 2” lower. One could easily raise it if needed with eggcrate or acrylic rods.

What is the point of that 2 inch gap, anyway? Just to add extra volume to the return chamber? [emoji846]

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always considered it was for two reasons. I think the chamber volume may be one reason. The chamber may not handle the dual returns without it. Especially if you upgraded to say MJ1200s. Also, you can do about a 3 gallon water change just from the return chamber if you want with the extra volume.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back