JBJ chiller 2.F E.11

quesomuchacho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings reefers!

I’m hoping somebody has had and figured out an issue I’m having. I’ve got a JBJ Arctica 1/3 HP chiller, when I turn it one it shows 2.F and then shows & stays on E.11.

I don’t see anything in the manual or interwebs for 2.F. (There’s a jbj support for F.2…) I don’t think I’m reading it backwards.

From the manual E.11 may be a short and wants me to check the sensors. Are there any other sensors besides the temperature sensor? (That seems to be the common target for E.12 error via google, but I can’t find much detail on E.11.)

Should I replace the temp sensor? The controller? Both? Or is there something else I need to do.

Thanks ladies and gents!

Queso

OP
OP
quesomuchacho

quesomuchacho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it used. For me, about an hour. Fair amount of dust inside when I opened it up, so it’s not fresh off the line. How much it was used vs sitting around, idk.

Heard back from JBJ today. They said E.11 means you need to replace both the thermometer (the only sensor the unit has) and the controller.

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back