JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CC Dark Knight

I thought I had lost this one. You can see in the front white area where the frag used to be. It died and I removed it. Well a little piece hung on and decided to fight to the end. I am glad it did. It encrusted and now is shooting up branches. I have a feeling this will be one of the nicest stags I have seen. Vibrant aqua body with blackish polyps and purple tips. I love this stuff.

CC DARK KNIGHT (1 of 1).JPG

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful of those also. During this event I had to restart my Apex at 3am which caused it to factory default again. At this time when the Apex restarted the DOS head that doses Alk started to run constantly. This is when I had to rip out the dosing tube and stick it in a bucket until I could shut it down. If it didn't do this in front of me then it would have dumped in my entire Alk resevoir. Fun times at 3am.. :rolleyes:
That is really bizarre default behavior for a DOS to fire upon reset. But I will keep an eye out. I've never head a brain fail on me, but I have had to replace a DOS, an EB832, a couple probes and leak detectors. Only the DOS was within warranty.

I am totally with you regarding a major dependence on APEX. I run three systems this way and each have been saved at least once of not more by notifications. Floods, ATO fail open, temperature. A few self inflicted errors, the rest just Murphy stuff.

I don't do anything particularly complicated wrt programming or automation. Fusion is very cool.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the acrylic mounts? Maybe I missed it but really cool.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
CC Dark Knight

I thought I had lost this one. You can see in the front white area where the frag used to be. It died and I removed it. Well a little piece hung on and decided to fight to the end. I am glad it did. It encrusted and now is shooting up branches. I have a feeling this will be one of the nicest stags I have seen. Vibrant aqua body with blackish polyps and purple tips. I love this stuff.

CC DARK KNIGHT (1 of 1).JPG
Awesome!!! So cool that kind of recovery can happen!!

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the acrylic mounts? Maybe I missed it but really cool.

Thank you. I made them. See link below. I show how I made them. If you scroll down a couple more posts then you will see my second version which is all acrylic. The all acrylic ones are going to be the ones I will use going forward. I really do like these. Now that Coralline algae have taken hold of the acrylic it blends in with the rocks and makes them look like they are floating.

Last edited:

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I made them. See link below. I show how I made them. If you scroll down a couple more posts then you will see my second version which is all acrylic. The all acrylic ones are going to be the ones I will use going forward. I really do like these. Now that Coralline algae have taken hold of the acrylic it blends in with the rocks and makes them look like they are floating.

love the idea! where did you get the rods from?

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the idea! where did you get the rods from?

I bought the rods and acrylic disks from Amazon. See links below.

Larger Rods like the ones on my post.

Smaller Rods that I haven't tried yet but I like them better. They are small enough that they should be able to fit into holes of the rock work easily.

Acrylic Disks

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the rods and acrylic disks from Amazon. See links below.

Larger Rods like the ones on my post.

Smaller Rods that I haven't tried yet but I like them better. They are small enough that they should be able to fit into holes of the rock work easily.

Acrylic Disks

I was thinking of bending it and epoxying it to the rock work, sort of like an extension outwards, the large one should work great ;)

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of bending it and epoxying it to the rock work, sort of like an extension outwards, the large one should work great ;)

I also thought about doing something like that as well at first. I was going to make an arch from one rock to another and mount frags to it. Decided it might be a little too much for my tank at the moment.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Beautiful tank & corals :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back