OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me neither. A lot of the SPS keepers dose it, without having flatworm issues. I wonder why.

It's supposed to strengthen up the corals and also cause them to slime which AEFW supposedly do not like. The coral importer I know that doses it said the rubidium in it is the key.

I don't know anything else about it but always want to try it. Maybe one day.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was time to clean the saltwater mixing bin. Took the time to acid wash inside the pipes as well. It's back to brand new....for now.

20231203_113213.jpg
20231203_125533.jpg
20231203_174755.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! It is with sadness that I have to write this post, as I didn’t think this day would come. Without getting into details, I have been dealing with some personal issues that I cannot put off any longer and because of these issues, I have decided to sell my entire system. Anyone who has followed my build thread or knows me can see that I have put my whole life into this hobby. I love this hobby very much, and it has taught me to be a better person through patience, critical thinking, and teaching, along with being taught on a daily basis. Because of this, I am grateful to be a part of this amazing hobby. My family comes first, though, and what I am being faced with deserves 100% of my attention. I cannot neglect this system and watch everything fail so because of that, I plan on selling it for a ridiculously good price in the hopes it all goes to a good home that can put as much love and attention into it as I have.

Everything on this system is 1.5 years old or newer and has been purchased new. I am going to be putting everything together and listing it on the sales forum, hopefully tomorrow or by the end of this week. I will link to it here when I do.

This is very hard for me to even type. Just know that I have enjoyed each and every one of you throughout the years and this isn’t the end. Trust me, I will be back when the time is right for me and my family.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! It is with sadness that I have to write this post, as I didn’t think this day would come. Without getting into details, I have been dealing with some personal issues that I cannot put off any longer and because of these issues, I have decided to sell my entire system. Anyone who has followed my build thread or knows me can see that I have put my whole life into this hobby. I love this hobby very much, and it has taught me to be a better person through patience, critical thinking, and teaching, along with being taught on a daily basis. Because of this, I am grateful to be a part of this amazing hobby. My family comes first, though, and what I am being faced with deserves 100% of my attention. I cannot neglect this system and watch everything fail so because of that, I plan on selling it for a ridiculously good price in the hopes it all goes to a good home that can put as much love and attention into it as I have.

Everything on this system is 1.5 years old or newer and has been purchased new. I am going to be putting everything together and listing it on the sales forum, hopefully tomorrow or by the end of this week. I will link to it here when I do.

This is very hard for me to even type. Just know that I have enjoyed each and every one of you throughout the years and this isn’t the end. Trust me, I will be back when the time is right for me and my family.
Oh no. I hope you’ll be ok. I’m so sad to read that you are struggling.

Kayvon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Awful news. I've found your thread just recently and it feels like I've been along with you on your journey. Good luck

FoD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to hear. I’m sure you have other locals to house some of your livestock (hopefully temporarily), but I can help as well. I just completed setting up my 270g. Shoot me a message if you want. I’m in south Charlotte.

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you well in whatever it is that must be dealt with. I'm sure you will face this challenge and succeed. Please continue coming here for support and friendship. We followed along for your words as well as your tank. Stay strong!

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone interested. Below is the link to the sales thread. Let me know if you have any questions.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is interested in (4) 400w metal halide Hamilton pendants with 5 years worth of Radium bulb changes then let me know. I might be selling those off. I am installing two more T5 fixtures down the middle this weekend. Going all T5s. I feel the 400's are just too much light for the 24" tank. If the T5s do a good job over the next month then I'll remove the halides and look to sell them. They are a little over a year old and like new.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is interested in (4) 400w metal halide Hamilton pendants with 5 years worth of Radium bulb changes then let me know. I might be selling those off. I am installing two more T5 fixtures down the middle this weekend. Going all T5s. I feel the 400's are just too much light for the 24" tank. If the T5s do a good job over the next month then I'll remove the halides and look to sell them. They are a little over a year old and like new.
Welcome to the 100% T5 gang!

I’m adding 6500K Tropics to my lighting setup tomorrow.

I heard you are starting to have the itch for reefing again. Is that true?

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the 100% T5 gang!

I’m adding 6500K Tropics to my lighting setup tomorrow.

I heard you are starting to have the itch for reefing again. Is that true?

I had all T5s on my old system and loved them. I love the halides but I feel the 400s are just too much for my 24" tank.

I like the blue+ and coral+ combo but have always wanted to run one or two 6500s. Let me know how they work for you.

LOL. I guess word travels fast! Yes! Well, I always have the itch. I just don't see the tank selling as a whole so I am thinking of just keeping it and selling off the things I no longer need or use.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 100% T5 now. I'm looking to sell my Halide setup.

(4) 400W Hamilton Bali Sun systems with 4 years worth of radium bulb changes. I will also throw in another four bulbs I just changed that were running for a year, if you want. See below for the sales thread. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost broke down around the same time, but came to the same conclusion looking at the local reef market. I decided to sell my Harley instead. Best of luck on whatever it is you are facing; glad you'll still have the tank to enjoy.

I love the Tropics. I run 2 in my 10 lamp ATI with a few B+, Aquablue Azure, Actinic and C+. It makes the spectrum look exactly like my 14k Hamiltons that I love so much.

The tank is looking incredible man. You've had some great growth!

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I would give an update since it's been a little while.

I moved everything out of the tank and into the garage sump and frag tank. I drained the tank down on Sunday and have been cleaning coralline off with muratic acid over the last couple of days. Now I just need to sand/buff the tank and move it to it's new location. It is going to take a little while but I believe it will be the best one yet.

20240416_214823.jpg

I have bleached and acid washed about 90% of my existing rock. The rocks look better now than they did when I first added them.

20240414_185039.jpg

I am also making my own rock. It is going to take some time to complete the aquascape, as it will take up to a month to cure but I am looking forward to the end result.

20240414_185318.jpg

20240414_185300.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back