OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...one more. 4-5 months in QT eating everything including flake food. Time to head to the display. Funny how such a cheap and abundant fish can be a holy grail to me, but Rock Beauty is/was. Next on the list is Red Sea Regal and a Moorish Idol (now that they seem to be doing better with collection like Rock Beauties). My thanks to my friend @scchase for ordering this for me.

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 8.58.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 8.58.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 8.59.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 8.59.17 PM.png

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice growth on the quazar. Not too many pics out there of that one. Lookin great!

Thanks. I hold this coral is as high of regard as any... especially being that it is a mille. It is as nice as any multi colored tenuis out there. It has been pretty easy for me, too. When it gets larger, I hope to trade it and get it out there to many folks to preserve it since it does appear to be limited. The recent photo colors are not great, but the smaller frag colors are legit, if not understated with the unedited iPhone pic.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome updates. Is the Superman Acro that blue in real life? I think I saw someone say it was a nicer, richer blue than an OG oregon tort.

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to post more photos last night, but when I went downstairs, the Rock Beauty was on the floor. It was only because I posted about it... stupid build threads. Maybe I will take some more photos in a few days when I get over this.

The Tyree Superman is really blue. It is more blue than the Oregon Tort. It is right up there with the Heart of the Ocean for the most blue around.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh man I'm so sorry.

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Story for those who think that only blue light colors corals... I keep Poletti Jawbreakers in a basket in my fuge under 3x GE 6500 T5s. They look dull but grow like crazy. I took one out and put it under some T5s and MH and took a photo - colors are pretty good. This is why I recommend daylight to color coral and then find something that you like to show them off. I do think that my MH bulbs do both, but so hard with other types to get it all in one package.

There is a really nice purple streak and some more green in that fold... stupid thing doens't want to be shown off. The shroom looks better in person, so I need to play with this phone to see if I am doing it wrong. I don't want to edit or use filters, but also am OK with more realistic looking photos.

Under 6500k in the fuge:
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 5.56.32 PM.png

Under 14k Phoenix and Coral Plus T5s in a frag tank:
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 5.55.51 PM.png

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few Chalices. Gonzo's Motor City Mayhem and then Jelly Bean/Atom Bomb or the dozen others that are the same with different names.

Atom Bomb is about 3" across now. The motor city mayhem about the size of a half dollar. It never was a fast grower, but it got some algae growing up around it that appears to have slowed it down - it might have to go into a basket with a handful of ceriths until they take care if it. Took a closeup of the small bushy algae. I don't know what kind it is, but my snail will eat it if they have to - I would love an ID.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 5.55.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 5.55.30 PM.png

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how I missed this one but definitely following along here. Beautiful colonies. Very nice.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Story for those who think that only blue light colors corals... I keep Poletti Jawbreakers in a basket in my fuge under 3x GE 6500 T5s. They look dull but grow like crazy. I took one out and put it under some T5s and MH and took a photo - colors are pretty good. This is why I recommend daylight to color coral and then find something that you like to show them off. I do think that my MH bulbs do both, but so hard with other types to get it all in one package.

There is a really nice purple streak and some more green in that fold... stupid thing doens't want to be shown off. The shroom looks better in person, so I need to play with this phone to see if I am doing it wrong. I don't want to edit or use filters, but also am OK with more realistic looking photos.

Under 6500k in the fuge:
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 5.56.32 PM.png

Under 14k Phoenix and Coral Plus T5s in a frag tank:
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 5.55.51 PM.png
I am most definitely finding better growth in my shrooms with whiter more full spectrum. Some tripple in size as opposed to full blues. Some bounce shrooms will shrink cap and fill bubbles or vesicles in full blues but at least in my system they look stressed more than anything and more like they are throwing more bubbles and vesicles as defense mechanism in full blues. Def more laid out, fatter and just general overall healthy vibe. I'll be playing with full spectrum alot more moving forward.

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Siphon some water a do a change - suck out detritus in the BB fuge and also a few spots in the tank. Change is usually 2 or 3 buckets and I don't freak out about it... just do what is necessary.
@jda this is such great info. Thank you so much for sharing. Question on siphoning out the fuge - my fuge has chaeto and about 1 inch o detritus in it; should I take that out regularly? I've never sucked it out in 2+ years. I'm able to keep my nutrients in check so long as I dose Lanthanum Chloride (Phosphat-E from Brightwell).

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jda this is such great info. Thank you so much for sharing. Question on siphoning out the fuge - my fuge has chaeto and about 1 inch o detritus in it; should I take that out regularly? I've never sucked it out in 2+ years. I'm able to keep my nutrients in check so long as I dose Lanthanum Chloride (Phosphat-E from Brightwell).
@sgrosenb

Back