JEABO-SLW10 BARE BOTTOM TANK

Roytrolls247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo.. My build has consisted of mostly name brand everything Neptune, Reef octo, Ecotech just to name a few (Quality is important to me ) I went ahead on ordered 2 Jebao slw10 wavemakers.

I currently have one Nero 5 on my 45 gallon cube Tank dimensions are 22"(W) x 28"(L) x 24"(H) and Its going to be a SPS dominate tank. The Nero does a good job but I knew from the start it was not going to be enough.

I debated buying another Nero 5 OR a MP 40 but I decided to give Jebao a chance. I heard great things about their products and in order to keep the Fiancee happy (lol) she is into the hobby as much as I am she picks out the Coral and the fish and I do all of the maintenance :rolleyes:

My plan is too have variable wave like patterns in the tank and a pump on the bottom to keep most of the detritus suspended so it can go down the over flow.

Looking for some pro's and con's of these wavemakers annndddd GO..

Last edited:

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Jebao SWL wavemakers in my 90g DT (36x30x20). They don't last forever, but they are so much less expensive I keep a spare on hand. In my experience, very little expensive, quality barand name stuff in this hobby is really worth the extra cost.

Besides, I'd rather have spares sitting on the shelf than just hope the expensive stuff doesn't fail.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 jebao ow-25 on my 60 cube. I like that you can set one up as master and the other slave.

I also use the jebao ow-10 in my nano. I had a jebao pp that was in my nano for 3 years before it died, pretty good life for an inexpensive wavemaker.

You can buy a bunch of jebaos for the price of one other top-of-line wavemaker. They work great for me, and they are really powerful.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Jaebo SLW's. And I'm typically a Tunze guy. I bought one SLW10 to deal with some dead spots in a tight area that few other pumps would fit and it worked so well, I ended up buying one for my WB10 and a SLW20 for my IM25 lagoon frag tank. I'm currently planning a Fiji Cube 48 Ext build and will probably run at least one SLW in that tank as well. I rarely even clean them and they've worked just fine. Cleaning is a breez

One caveat is I've purchased them on Ebay with the 2 yr Square Trade warranty for just $5 extra. Seemed well worth the $5 to guarantee 2 years of operation.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back