Jebao doser skipping doses

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'v been running the jebao doser for a year now and everytime it doses alk I would get a small spike in pH. I've noticed that it missed a couple of doses lately. I have it set to dose 3 times a day.

Has anyone had this problem before?

1594020595704.png

The red circled areas are where the spikes are suppose to happen from the alk dosing

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much alk are you dosing at once to see pH spikes?

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like about .25 dkH from his graphs.

I don't know how big of a tank he has, but in my 40, that's like 10ml of Randy 2-part.

My best guess with the jebaos is that they're losing prime occasionally, and its spending its dosing cycle refilling the tubes.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't know how big of a tank he has, but in my 40, that's like 10ml of Randy 2-part.

My best guess with the jebaos is that they're losing prime occasionally, and its spending its dosing cycle refilling the tubes.

Thats pH though.

ajm83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he's using sodium carbonate or Randy's new 2 part recipe, even small amounts dosed cause a small but noticeable bump in pH.

I suspect my Jebao doser is having problems because the tank is otherwise stable but the alk keeps wandering so I'm following the thread. I've been thinking of weighting the dosing bottle every night to check that the amount goes down by the right amount.

OP
OP
D

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am dosing a total of 9mL per day of soda ash split into 3 doses so 3mL each

Yea that might be the reason. Do you have any tips to get this fixed or should I just consider getting a more reliable doser?

If he's using sodium carbonate or Randy's new 2 part recipe, even small amounts dosed cause a small but noticeable bump in pH.

I suspect my Jebao doser is having problems because the tank is otherwise stable but the alk keeps wandering so I'm following the thread. I've been thinking of weighting the dosing bottle every night to check that the amount goes down by the right amount.

I am using soda ash which helps with raising the pH. My alk actually dropped 0.5 dkh in a week which is why I thought it was weird. I checked my pH and turns out the doser is missing a few doses.

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My jabeo was losing prime my solution was. Went to petco and got those little airline check valves places right at the exit of tube... done no more problems

OP
OP
D

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My jabeo was losing prime my solution was. Went to petco and got those little airline check valves places right at the exit of tube... done no more problems

It hasn't done it in the past few days except for that one time. I think if it was to do it again I will just replace it with a better doser.

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it mostly to figure it out but for 1.99 ea I fixed something that's over 100 new. But when the unit no longer work properly I will replace with something better

ajm83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have a look on the video below and check that the roller thingy is the right way round.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back