Jebao Equipment

NickB73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, just starting off with my first tank. To get me going, I decided to buy the full range of Jebao equipment, hoping to upgrade to RedSea in the future. Anyway I just can’t seem to get anything connected to the internet. I’ve setup a dedicated 2.4ghz channel for the devices and this is how it pans out:

MDC5000 Pump - connected to internet, although app setup shows failed and device doesn’t display
MOW16 WaveMaker - Can’t connect to internet and AP mode doesn’t work either (I can connect but the device doesn’t show up)
Doser 3.4 & MCP120 Wavemaker, can’t connect to internet but AP mode does work.

It’s driving me mad, really out of idea’s how to get this stuff working. I’ve checked my phone and can’t see any reason why nothing connects. Other devices connect first time.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wifi works perfectly! I have a return pump, 3 wavemakers and 4 gyres all in the app, working great.

There is a trick to getting them connected, but they're solid once they are.

I'll post my connection process in a bit.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... Here's the easiest way I've found to do it.

1. Make sure the controller is in AP mode.

2. Connect your phone to the controller's wifi.

3. Start the app, and click the + to add a device.

4. Make sure the device setup mode is for AP mode, not smart wifi. Older stuff only had this one option, but AP works better for me with the new stuff.

5. When it asks you for the network info, TYPE IN the name and password for your 2.4ghz wifi. DO NOT select it, that disconnects you from the pump. TYPE IT IN.

6. Proceed with the setup. Once it configures the pump, you'll be disconnected from the controller's wifi. Connect your phone to the 2.4ghz wifi, and the app should see it.

I've done it this way for SLW-m, MOW, MLW, MDP, ELW, EP and ECP pumps, powerheads and gyres.

I've never had the doser, but I can't imagine it's that different.

OP
OP
N

NickB73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve managed to get somewhere with it all, I changed my router security settings to WPA/WP2 was previously set to WPA2/WPA3, and I’ve got everything connected….

But I still have a problem with the return pump, it has not AP option, and smart setup works in so much as the pump connects to my router; but the app shows it as failed connection…. Tried nearly 20 times now and same issue everytime.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw MDP. I have an MDP-2500, and the controller is the same as my MLW. Hold down the wifi button for 10 seconds to switch in and out of AP mode.

OP
OP
N

NickB73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw MDP. I have an MDP-2500, and the controller is the same as my MLW. Hold down the wifi button for 10 seconds to switch in and out of AP mode.
10 seconds on mine just resets the WiFi.

mjszos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found the WiFi/App connectivity to be utterly useless and spotty, I just use the physical controllers they came with and save a headache.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back