Jebao MDP 5000 Er04 error

SupremeDej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received delivery of a brand new MDP 5000 and the pump isn’t working and showing a Er04 error ( the pump is blocked ) I’ve literally only just taken it out the box. Before I return it I just wanted to check I’m not doing anything wrong. I’ve just quickly plugged it in to check everything is working the only thing I can think of is it’s not in water but not sure if that’s even an issue ? I’m guessing it should still turn on out of water

Thanks,
Dale

IMG_4256.jpeg

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received delivery of a brand new MDP 5000 and the pump isn’t working and showing a Er04 error ( the pump is blocked ) I’ve literally only just taken it out the box. Before I return it I just wanted to check I’m not doing anything wrong. I’ve just quickly plugged it in to check everything is working the only thing I can think of is it’s not in water but not sure if that’s even an issue ? I’m guessing it should still turn on out of water

Thanks,
Dale

IMG_4256.jpeg
Try disassembling the housing to get at the impeller. Unplug and replug and try to manually rotate. Might kick start , might not. Just had the same message with my Jebao wave-pump. Did the manual twist and got it to start up again. That being said , it’s brand new. I’d ask for a replacement if it happened to me.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try disassembling the housing to get at the impeller. Unplug and replug and try to manually rotate. Might kick start , might not. Just had the same message with my Jebao wave-pump. Did the manual twist and got it to start up again. That being said , it’s brand new. I’d ask for a replacement if it happened to me.
And it shouldn’t give that error if run dry for a sec to check if working. I’ve had wavemakers and return pumps that were spinning just fine while I checked them .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back