Jebao MLW wave maker issue

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Notice in pic that this wave maker has a timer on it (little clock icon)...that's from a setting using the app. However I can't get it to connect to Android app anymore.

Anyone now how to reset these pumps to factory settings? I can't even change it manually without reset.

Jebao support not helpful.

TIA

Screenshot_20220911_120058.jpg

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does the wifi button do?
I would think some combination of presses or holding it would either cycle the wifi or reset it.

maybe try holding the wifi button down while power cycling it.

Were there no instructions included in the box?

I was going to order one of the MOW models with the same controller, but I might not if this is going to be an issue with these new models.

OP
OP
K

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try pressing and holding the wifi button for 5 seconds.

also keep in mind there are (2) wifi modes with these Jebao wifi devices. AP mode and AP direct.

instructions
Thanks. I tried to connect using both AP modes and I get error each time. I will try again.

OP
OP
K

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does the wifi button do?
I would think some combination of presses or holding it would either cycle the wifi or reset it.

maybe try holding the wifi button down while power cycling it.

Were there no instructions included in the box?

I was going to order one of the MOW models with the same controller, but I might not if this is going to be an issue with these new models.
The instruction for connecting to WIFI not helpful...it doesn't speak on connection issues at all.

OP
OP
K

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Notice in pic that this wave maker has a timer on it (little clock icon)...that's from a setting using the app. However I can't get it to connect to Android app anymore.

Anyone now how to reset these pumps to factory settings? I can't even change it manually without reset.

Jebao support not helpful.

TIA

Screenshot_20220911_120058.jpg
I was able to get it into manual mode by holding down the up and down arrow for a few seconds.

OP
OP
K

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are trying to connect to wifi using only a 2.4ghz network, correct?
Yes, I even turned off 5 ghz while trying to connect. This is the error I get when going through the connect to Android app process.

Screenshot_20220910-122618_Gallery.jpg

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Oh these can be a pain to set up. The instructions to hold down the wifi button for 5 secs is correct, when the wifi icon flashes it's in pairing mode, and the "AP" after holding it down again for AP pairing mode. No factory reset I know of.

One thing I noticed, I had to restart the app, sometimes the device itself, between pairing attempts.

I have a mesh network and can't disable 5ghz.

So I shut down my home router and I used the hotspot on my phone and set up a network the same as my home network. I use the app on a tablet or spare phone.

Once connected they have been stable for me, connects anywhere anytime. I'm a little impressed with them overall.

OP
OP
K

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh these can be a pain to set up. The instructions to hold down the wifi button for 5 secs is correct, when the wifi icon flashes it's in pairing mode, and the "AP" after holding it down again for AP pairing mode. No factory reset I know of.

One thing I noticed, I had to restart the app, sometimes the device itself, between pairing attempts.

I have a mesh network and can't disable 5ghz.

So I shut down my home router and I used the hotspot on my phone and set up a network the same as my home network. I use the app on a tablet or spare phone.

Once connected they have been stable for me, connects anywhere anytime. I'm a little impressed with them overall.
So you connected to app using WiFi, not AP pairing mode?

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So you connected to app using WiFi, not AP pairing mode?
Yes wifi, the way I understood the instructions was AP(access point) was for direct connections when wifi isn't an option.

Restart the app or even device and try again. After I got the first one paired the second was giving me fits and that's what fixed it.

I have 2 of the MCP wavemaker, I've looked at all the wifi wavemaker instructions and they are identical in set up(I had problems on initial setup).

OP
OP
K

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update? Did you get it to connect again?
No, support had me Uninstall Android app and reinstall but still does not work.

I will try using a phone hotspot and connect that way.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back