Jebao PP series vs OW series

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is almost impossible to keep up with Jebao and their models. Their descriptions on amazon are almost the same and all written in broken English. What is the newest series? What models do you think are the most reliable.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the SOW is the latest. I believe they came out a few weeks ago. Before that (I think) the newest was OW, the. RW, maybe something else and then PP is the oldest.

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that the OW series have 4 magnetic dipoles in the motor instead of 2 -- which means they can spin at slower speeds at higher frequency and with less vibration (and thus less damage and less noise). So, for example, the motor can alternate between high speed and 5% speed rapidly in wavemaker mode whereas the old motor would have to actually be switched on and off (high speed to 0%) for the same effect -- which can dramatically reduce the life of the motor.

OP
OP
Lousybreed

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys thanks for the help. I am still nervous about buying the newest SOW pumps from amazon since they are brand new.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found each generation to be better than the last. I did switch to a wav pump though after my wife complained about the noise from the cross flow. She said “do whatever you need to do to make the noise stop”. I took that to mean “go buy a wav pump.”

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this:

"Super Silent. The Rubber is Base on FS Series to Design (100% smaller sound than Vortech)"

@Lousybreed here is where you can read everything new on the SOW. I would highly recommend this version versus RW, some cool new features.

(be patient, scroll down the list)

https://www.fish-street.com/jebao-ow-wave-maker

It seems that now you have 360 degree rotation instead of the old 180- that is a really nice new feature.

0e4hVyq.jpg

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg the Chinglish is epic. My son and I love to read the Jebao and Fishstreet sites.

“100% better for you need right now WiFi. Please note we have never sold a WiFi version of this pump. New for 2018 WiFi! Pump is not WiFi. Pump now WiFi for you.”

What!?!?!?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg the Chinglish is epic. My son and I love to read the Jebao and Fishstreet sites.

“100% better for you need right now WiFi. Please note we have never sold a WiFi version of this pump. New for 2018 WiFi! Pump is not WiFi. Pump now WiFi for you.”

What!?!?!?

Lol, I was going to reply in chinglish but didn't want to offend anyone :D.

It does amaze me sometimes, how bad their descriptions are. Surely for a few hundred dollars they could get an English speaker to proofread it. Heck, I would do it for a few pumps!

Fish-street is awesome: they will give you 50% off of many newly released items if you leave a review on them.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol at some of these comments

Jebao wavemakers hve always been reliable for me because I do clean them every 2 months or so. I would recommend. I’d just buy the newest one out - for the price you can’t go wrong. I still have a couple tw-4’s that I’m using and I bought them 2 years ago...

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a set of the OW50s for my frag tank and man they are super quiet and move a bunch of water. On the same tank been running a Jebao DCT6000 and haven't had any issues with it either. I think for my frag tank I'll trust the Jebao line of products since I haven't run into any issues with them. Also have 3 of them in the DT (1 in overflow and 2 in sump) and they just work without any issues thus far. Great value in my opinion.

OP
OP
Lousybreed

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info to all!!! I went ahead and bought the SOW 15’s. I now regret not doing the fish street route!

OP
OP
Lousybreed

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank god for the 360 degree with no death rotation. I was wondering if these new pumps were going to feature the no death rotation. Waiting for Ecotech to provide that feature.

OP
OP
Lousybreed

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love them. They are powerful and quiet. Well built too. These are getting very close to some higher priced pumps on the market.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 2 PP-8 wave makers that I bought new about 6 months ago and so far they have been great. Keep them clean and they will do their job. Move a lot of water has well for such a small pump.

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few questions. I was running two PP8s but one died after 8 months but I didn't clean it so maybe my bad, need a new one but might just buy a new pair.
1. How do you clean them?
2. Also, if I upgrade to new ones, what should i get for a 75 gallon Red Sea Display tank mixed reef with sps?
3. And lastly, I was reading some good reviews on Jebao Neptune Apex Controller Linkage Adapter, should i consider this?

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Take them apart and use a toothbrush. When you take the propellor out clean that hole because it gets gunk in there. I usuaually use a paper towel twisted up into a pointy sharp piece

2. Two pp8’s in each side will be perfect. Long as you clean them every few months you’ll have ton of flow

3. Not sure anything apex related

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back