OP
OP
Lousybreed

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go two SOW-15’s for a 75 gal. I have two in my 65 and it’s perfect. Two PP-8 isn’t enough flow if you want suspended waste (no dead spots) and if you want to keep acros. I am actually adding a SOW-8 (better than the PP series) to my 65 for flow for the backside of my tank. As for apex, I haven’t ever tried to tie in my jabeo pumps into it.

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new series that are on amazon are OWs but they don’t have the same numbers. They have OW- 10, 25, 40 and 50. They also sell a jebao linkage adapter to control the units thru your apex. Had a set back with the apex unit I ordered (other thread) but not sure if and when I can dump another large sum of cash into the tank. Thinking on third light so will have to see what’s more important. Trying to get the tank mature and stable at the moment.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new series that are on amazon are OWs but they don’t have the same numbers. They have OW- 10, 25, 40 and 50. They also sell a jebao linkage adapter to control the units thru your apex. Had a set back with the apex unit I ordered (other thread) but not sure if and when I can dump another large sum of cash into the tank. Thinking on third light so will have to see what’s more important. Trying to get the tank mature and stable at the moment.
https://www.amazon.com/Jebao-Maker-...UTF8&qid=1547339675&sr=8-1&keywords=jebao+sow

RWS6605

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 hex that I want to put new wavemakers in. Which would be the best for this. I don’t want to create a vortex in the center so I would have two place in opposite sides pointed across the middle of the tank.

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still a bit confused... Does this adapter work for OW & SW series or is it not necessary? I read that the 0-10v slots are available on the SW series only. What exactly is the difference in hook up for a RW Powerhead vs a SW power head to an APEX 0-10v port?

Anyone have any ideas or advice that'd be great? These jebao products are very confusing, however at the price I would love to get 2 Jebao powerheads, a 5A power supply, and a adapter. I'm just uncertain which product lines require the adapter and which dont. Too much ambiguity on the web.

Robmurray77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What model would work best on a 38 gallon bow front? Want to start with one and maybe add a second in a few months if needed. Just not sure how big I should go ?

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What model would work best on a 38 gallon bow front? Want to start with one and maybe add a second in a few months if needed. Just not sure how big I should go ?
my only experience is with the ow series. I think the ow-10 would work for you. It will push 1000 gph.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running 2 ow 25's in my new120 for 7 months on pulse mode. Once a month I take them apart and clean in used tank water. No acid yet but they are coralline covered. For a 4' tank I would go with the next size up if thats all your using. I also run 2 Tunze 6095's in the same tank. For $100 I wanted to see how long they will last vs Tunze. They are running at 100%. The ow 25's
20200120_055655.jpg
would be great in smaller tanks just turn the flow down.
My only regret is I should have followed my own advice and gone with the next size up.

Jason rosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running 2 ow 25's in my new120 for 7 months on pulse mode. Once a month I take them apart and clean in used tank water. No acid yet but they are coralline covered. For a 4' tank I would go with the next size up if thats all your using. I also run 2 Tunze 6095's in the same tank. For $100 I wanted to see how long they will last vs Tunze. They are running at 100%. The ow 25's
20200120_055655.jpg
would be great in smaller tanks just turn the flow down.
My only regret is I should have followed my own advice and gone with the next size up.

How is the noise level between the OW-25 & the Tunze 6095? I have some of the older Jebao RW series and the ramp up noise is killing me.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back