Jebao PP series vs OW series

Robmurray77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know the difference with a ow-40 that has blue blade vs white blades. Seen listing on Amazon and there is a 30 dollar price difference. Just wondering could the blue blade unit be a clone?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go two SOW-15’s for a 75 gal. I have two in my 65 and it’s perfect. Two PP-8 isn’t enough flow if you want suspended waste (no dead spots) and if you want to keep acros. I am actually adding a SOW-8 (better than the PP series) to my 65 for flow for the backside of my tank. As for apex, I haven’t ever tried to tie in my jabeo pumps into it.
It’s being a while, do you still like the sow15s? I am thinking get a pair for my 73g. What percentage you’re running them?

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 2 PP-8 pumps on my 75g BB SPS tank. 2 years and no complaints. I do clean them about once a month to ensure they are working properly and not devolping any issues. Mou ted the back of the tank set in 100% Else mode they have no problem providing good flow and keeping most of the waste from settling out on the bottom. I do have 2 dead spots under the rock where ditritus will gather but I just syphon it out with water changes. I could add a 3rd simliar sized pump but its not really needed at this point.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s being a while, do you still like the sow15s? I am thinking get a pair for my 73g. What percentage you’re running them?
2 ow-25's would provide alot of flow.
Just took mine out to clean. They can take some coralline abuse lol
20200419_095719.jpg

kevin318

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this:

"Super Silent. The Rubber is Base on FS Series to Design (100% smaller sound than Vortech)"

@Lousybreed here is where you can read everything new on the SOW. I would highly recommend this version versus RW, some cool new features.

(be patient, scroll down the list)

https://www.fish-street.com/jebao-ow-wave-maker

It seems that now you have 360 degree rotation instead of the old 180- that is a really nice new feature.

0e4hVyq.jpg
These in the picture are the OW model, I just bought them. The SOW didn’t have the same directional ability that these have. They have a lower profile and look pretty cool but less functionality are far as I could see.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back