Jebao PU-36 for dinos

cillam

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2023
Messages
80
Reaction score
72
Location
NW Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to buy a UV Sterilizer to fight dinos. I was looking on amazon and see "Jebao PU-36 Pond and Aquarium Clarifier, 36-watt" Would this be okay for killing dinos in a salt water tank.

My DT is 60 gallons and i have a 20 gallon sump, all in all i have around 65 gallons of water in the system.
 
I am looking to buy a UV Sterilizer to fight dinos. I was looking on amazon and see "Jebao PU-36 Pond and Aquarium Clarifier, 36-watt" Would this be okay for killing dinos in a salt water tank.

My DT is 60 gallons and i have a 20 gallon sump, all in all i have around 65 gallons of water in the system.
I used this for a 75 gallon.
Pull from and back into tank.
 
I used this for a 75 gallon.
Pull from and back into tank.
Any issues with plastic erosion/leaching? I’m also looking for a UV due to a dino outbreak and the cost of these things is outrageous, other than this jebao. I’ve heard 2 things I wonder if you can verify or refute:

1. It was not designed with saltwater in mind and the plastic components erode over time and leach into the tank.
2. The bulbs are compact and the stated wattage is misleading or not equivalent to the more expensive ones (aqua, lifeguard, pentair).

Can you attest to either of these things?
 
Well I bought the UV sterilizer I have it hooked up to a pump rated for 360GPH going from the DT to the sump. I did a complete blackout for 24 hours and noticed no more dinos, I then did a hybrid blackout for another 48 hours (blue and UV channels only at lower intensity for 7 hours and then put the cardboard back on top while leaving the sides covered and office lights off)

I appear to be dino free but we will find out in the coming days/weeks.

That being said I had the Jebao running for 72 hours continuously and i have not seen any issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new