Jebao Return Pump cycling On/Off

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So having a problem with my Jebao DCT return pump -- Its cycling on and off after 5 seconds or so. It begins to ramp up, then I see the controller flash and it turns off, then begins to ramp up again. Over and over.

I've disassembled it, cleaned it with vinegar and no luck.

Any ideas or suggestions before I trash the thing?

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most problems seem to usually be the controller. Might be worth trying to find a new one or even see if someone has a used one laying around.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Controller or the power supply. Some times
If the power supply have a problem it will turn on the DC pump, but when the pump ramp up and start drawing current power supply cannot supply enough current so it trigger a reset. This is common fault btw.

Another possibility is if there is something holding the propeller..so clean the pump and see if there is something stuck somewhere.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've disassembled it, cleaned it with vinegar and no luck.

Another possibility is if there is something holding the propeller..so clean the pump and see if there is something stuck somewhere.
I often browse these forums(or any forum really) and many times read something like this. Is reading comprehension something they no longer teach in school? Or is it people just don't read the OP, and respond to the title?

I would start by replacing the controller. These are a known failure point with these pumps. At the price point of these pumps, I personally wouldn't mess with it, and buy a new one. Then try the controller from the new one on the old pump. If it works, you have a spare pump.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often browse these forums(or any forum really) and many times read something like this. Is reading comprehension something they no longer teach in school? Or is it people just don't read the OP, and respond to the title?

I would start by replacing the controller. These are a known failure point with these pumps. At the price point of these pumps, I personally wouldn't mess with it, and buy a new one. Then try the controller from the new one on the old pump. If it works, you have a spare pump.
The best thing to do with someone like you is to ignore you;)

OP
OP
P

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks. I really want to move away from these Chinese DC pumps to a EcoTech, but just not ready quite yet with other house expenses. I've ordered a replacement controller for $22 on ebay and we will see if that works.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluval or Laguna are not much more than a Cheap Chinese pump and they are decade long pumps. They are not DC, but not sure why you need a DC pump anyway. Check them out if the controller does not work and you are in the market for new pumps.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back