Jebao Return pump

josh childs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone run the Jabao return pump? I want to run one for my tank. Sump is in the basement would need to go at least 15 feet to be safe. I have an external pan world 250ps and it pumps water but its loud and id rather have something in sump. Anyone recommend which Jabao model I would need? Thanks!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 Jabao pumps. I got them from @Reefbreeders so you get warranty and support. Go to the website and contact Logan and he will help you size it. They are dead silent.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that you would need a 15000 minimum. In the past, I ran the older DC12000 roughly about the same distance or less and the output flow was lower than I would have preferred.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two of them and they are great. Size would depend on your layout and head pressure.

OP
OP
josh childs

josh childs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thanks for everyone's quick response I think im going tp get the one with 23 feet of head pressure. Do they truly move a lot of water? Build quality good?

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thing is they are DC pumps so you want to error on the side of too big and can decrease flow with included controller. If I were you I would go with either model 18000 or 20000. I have been running mine for close to three years and have cleaned it only once. Great pumps.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan on getting one, buy a spare. In my experience, they don’t last long. My latest one a DCP-4000 lasted about 4 months.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a dc12000 for about 5 years non stop with a clean every 6 months or so and it ran great!
I've been using a dc6000 on a smaller tank for the last 2 years and it has been flawless.
I would get an oversized pump and dial it down to the speed you want.
I agree. I've been using the same pump for four years now.

Last edited:

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a dc12000 for about 5 years non stop with a clean every 6 months or so and it ran great!
I've been using a dc6000 on a smaller tank for the last 2 years and it has been flawless.
I would get an oversized pump and dial it down to the speed you want.
Agree with going oversized and dial down. Like I said above, I run 2. On for my return and the other just for my UV. Both running just shy of 2 years now w no issues. If the main return would fail or it’s tome to clean it, I just shut off the UV , disconnect the outlet and connect the return plumbing so the main is always running.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently using a 18000 for my upstairs 200g tank... it’s NOT powerful enough! Gonna try a 20000 next

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got 4 of them running. 2 of them have been running over 5 years.... zero issues.

I wish I was that lucky. It’s either the controller craps out on me or the pump. When I used to have a 40B a few years ago, I went through 4 pumps in one year. I decided to try them again on my frag tank with the newer DCP model. I’ll likely just end up with a ecotech vectra, the one I have running on my display hasn’t gave me any problems in nearly 3yrs without any cleaning at all.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get rid of that Pan World. Head pressure and DC pumps (outside of super expensive ones) don't collide well in the real world. Most don't get anywhere near advertised and if they do, they do not last long.

If you really need to swap, one of the larger Lagunas, or other Askoll block pump, ) can get the job done.

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I was that lucky. It’s either the controller craps out on me or the pump. When I used to have a 40B a few years ago, I went through 4 pumps in one year. I decided to try them again on my frag tank with the newer DCP model. I’ll likely just end up with a ecotech vectra, the one I have running on my display hasn’t gave me any problems in nearly 3yrs without any cleaning at all.

I wish my vectra’s lasted that long. Goes to show that price doesn’t account for durability.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently attached one to my pond this summer. Had lying around and decided to remove the gate valve from the system. Not a great install for something with so much debris. Have been running mag drives for the last 10 years. Hasnt been running as some in this thread but its a more unforgiving environment where branches leaves and garbage occasionally make their way in. Put the controller in a cabinet on the bridge. DC pump just made this easier for this application, and at the gph i needed for ~950 gallons anything else would have cost a small fortune.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back