Jebao scp 90 crossflow question

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you know so much about jebao SCP. can you explain to me how to use night mode and what it does? I can't seem to find any info on it, not sure what it does to my tank because i can't really see what's it's doing. thanks.
Wish I could help you but, all my GYRE controllers are inside cabinets where it's always night. Never spent enough time deciphering the Chinglish instructions to figure it out.

csnv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help you but, all my GYRE controllers are inside cabinets where it's always night. Never spent enough time deciphering the Chinglish instructions to figure it out.
lol i hear you.. i think i figure it out. press hold to activate night mode. then if the controller's light sensor sense that it's dark, it will switch to H constant at 1 power. I can't change the mode or power of night mode.

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run scp-150s in two 90-gal 4' tanks. To give you an idea on flow, I run power at 2 of 5 on the FOWLR and 3 of 5 Random on the Reef tank. To give you a better understanding of Gyres and how the Jebao units are rated, I believe the number to be the maximum tank or wave length that it resonates to, moreso than just the volume of the pump itself.

Example: My SCP-150 will produce resonant wave effects up to a tank length/opposing tank wall distance of 150 cm, or roughly 59 inches. The SCP-90 I would expect to resonate (in a single wave) up to 90 cm or 35 inches. I would choose your pump model based on that resonance. The power/intensity and pattern is very tweakable in the SCP series.

And don't discount running it vertically rather than horizontally. Vertically in my FOWLR and set on two(2), it pushes a wave all the way around the tank perimeter, the full 30" tall from top to bottom, moving everything small and loose. One pump does it all for me in the vertical orientation.

In a horizontal orientation and 1/3 from the surface or higher, you will get a large variation in flow below 2/3 tank level. So you can use that for slower flow near the bottom if that's what you prefer. Conversely, placing it horizontal and lower in the tank will keep your bare-bottom neat and clean (or blow all your sand to the surface).

When you're setting up the Jebao Gyre, use a low Power/Upper LED strip Speed setting around 2 or 3. Then focus on the big Speed Dial setting (which IMO should be more aptly labeled INTERVAL). Get the big dial set to resonate the wave with the distance to the opposite tank wall. Then set the LED strip Speed to get the force you want. Finally, choose which of the five pattern settings you prefer and make your final tweaks.
This is probably the best description I have seen on Jebao gyre and placement…thanks.

csnv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the 180 in ......
going to unpack , and try it .
Few questions ...
How deep from the top does everyone put theirs ?

i'm using 90 in nuvo40, about 2 inches below just enough to not suck in any air.. +a little slack for water level fluctuation (i do have ATO).

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a SCP-90 and it's very loud. Can hear the motor ramping up and down no matter what the dial is set at. Is it due to being new and it needs to break in?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 68 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back