Jebao scp 90 crossflow question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the difference between the scp 90 and the cp 90 I just ordered a scp 90 for my 75g

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank. Would a 90 be big enough for my 75

Ta2oodfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6' 180G tank and it moves a ton of water alone. I have a MP40 opposite of it and the tank has been great flow wise.
I imagine a 90 in your tank should be sufficient.

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the SCP120 in my 3ft 50G shallow reef. It's definitely a bit too much. I have mine set to the lowest setting, and once Coralline algae builds up, I bump it to speed setting 2. I bought this one because I know I want to upgrade to a larger 100-150G reef soon.

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run scp-150s in two 90-gal 4' tanks. To give you an idea on flow, I run power at 2 of 5 on the FOWLR and 3 of 5 Random on the Reef tank. To give you a better understanding of Gyres and how the Jebao units are rated, I believe the number to be the maximum tank or wave length that it resonates to, moreso than just the volume of the pump itself.

Example: My SCP-150 will produce resonant wave effects up to a tank length/opposing tank wall distance of 150 cm, or roughly 59 inches. The SCP-90 I would expect to resonate (in a single wave) up to 90 cm or 35 inches. I would choose your pump model based on that resonance. The power/intensity and pattern is very tweakable in the SCP series.

And don't discount running it vertically rather than horizontally. Vertically in my FOWLR and set on two(2), it pushes a wave all the way around the tank perimeter, the full 30" tall from top to bottom, moving everything small and loose. One pump does it all for me in the vertical orientation.

In a horizontal orientation and 1/3 from the surface or higher, you will get a large variation in flow below 2/3 tank level. So you can use that for slower flow near the bottom if that's what you prefer. Conversely, placing it horizontal and lower in the tank will keep your bare-bottom neat and clean (or blow all your sand to the surface).

When you're setting up the Jebao Gyre, use a low Power/Upper LED strip Speed setting around 2 or 3. Then focus on the big Speed Dial setting (which IMO should be more aptly labeled INTERVAL). Get the big dial set to resonate the wave with the distance to the opposite tank wall. Then set the LED strip Speed to get the force you want. Finally, choose which of the five pattern settings you prefer and make your final tweaks.

Last edited:

Chrysemys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a scp120 in my 6’ ft 180. It moves a lot of water. I’m only running it at 30% right now and using the night mode feature. I will probably ramp up the flow as the fish get used to it, but I doubt it will ever be at 100%. My substrate is too fine for that much flow.

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t want a super lot of flow just like to have my surface broke good all the way across right now I have two power heads faces upwards to break surface

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB7CBEF2-E991-463E-8F18-D30F0206DB50.jpeg

Which side of tank should I put it at maybe the right side so by the time the flow makes it back to the side it won’t be as hard

GandalfGrigio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I have a brand new SCP-150M (the wifi model) but there are some things not clear to me.
1) why the reverse mode was removed ? Any chance to get that back in some way ?
2) i'm trying many wave modes, the "C" mode with cross flow enabled (in the App I can choose to enable it or not) produce a very light movement, even in my 120cm tank (the pump is for a 150cm) . with cross flow disabled I can make HUGE waves, very very very big waves. So, what's the purpose of cross flow feature ? I don't see any differnces in the flow
3) random mode: can I customize it in some way ? It's always very very low in power. That's strange.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the cp-150 which I thought was a 120

pulled the old box out to confirm what model it was .
I had it in my 90 gal and ran it in about 60-80%
W1

I put it in my 6’ long 230 .
still makes a lot of current but not exactly what I want so orders the scp-180

Not sure if the scp series is different or better compared to the older cp series

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, it looks my old good mp10 is too noisy and I decided to buy Jebao SCP.
Which one is the best choice for 26" 40g SPS tank?
90 or 70?

ubiq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two SCP-120M's mounted horizontally on the bottom back wall at each end of my 48" bare bottom mixed tank. Running at 20% they keep all particulates suspended long enough to reach the overflow promptly.

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The number after scp is recommended length tank in cm So scp-90 up to 90cm length tank
Yeah, but there is "up to"...
So I guess would be better to buy bigger one and use on reduced speed?
Because scp-70 is up to 70 cm, my tank is less than 2" shorter - almost reaches the limit. Does it mean that scp-70 will run about max speed on my 26" (roughly 66cm) - in that case I would definitely like to avoid it because silence is my main goal.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but there is "up to"...
So I guess would be better to buy bigger one and use on reduced speed?
Because scp-70 is up to 70 cm, my tank is less than 2" shorter - almost reaches the limit. Does it mean that scp-70 will run about max speed on my 26" (roughly 66cm) - in that case I would definitely like to avoid it because silence is my main goal.
That being said. .
The 70 would be running in a higher level setting .

Ive had a 150 on a 48” tank running around 50-60% and was more than enough water movement .
I currently have that same 150 on my 72” 230gal
The 150 moves a lot of water but I believe the 180 would suit my needs better .

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the 180 in ......
going to unpack , and try it .
Few questions ...
How deep from the top does everyone put theirs ?

csnv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run scp-150s in two 90-gal 4' tanks. To give you an idea on flow, I run power at 2 of 5 on the FOWLR and 3 of 5 Random on the Reef tank. To give you a better understanding of Gyres and how the Jebao units are rated, I believe the number to be the maximum tank or wave length that it resonates to, moreso than just the volume of the pump itself.

Example: My SCP-150 will produce resonant wave effects up to a tank length/opposing tank wall distance of 150 cm, or roughly 59 inches. The SCP-90 I would expect to resonate (in a single wave) up to 90 cm or 35 inches. I would choose your pump model based on that resonance. The power/intensity and pattern is very tweakable in the SCP series.

And don't discount running it vertically rather than horizontally. Vertically in my FOWLR and set on two(2), it pushes a wave all the way around the tank perimeter, the full 30" tall from top to bottom, moving everything small and loose. One pump does it all for me in the vertical orientation.

In a horizontal orientation and 1/3 from the surface or higher, you will get a large variation in flow below 2/3 tank level. So you can use that for slower flow near the bottom if that's what you prefer. Conversely, placing it horizontal and lower in the tank will keep your bare-bottom neat and clean (or blow all your sand to the surface).

When you're setting up the Jebao Gyre, use a low Power/Upper LED strip Speed setting around 2 or 3. Then focus on the big Speed Dial setting (which IMO should be more aptly labeled INTERVAL). Get the big dial set to resonate the wave with the distance to the opposite tank wall. Then set the LED strip Speed to get the force you want. Finally, choose which of the five pattern settings you prefer and make your final tweaks.
looks like you know so much about jebao SCP. can you explain to me how to use night mode and what it does? I can't seem to find any info on it, not sure what it does to my tank because i can't really see what's it's doing. thanks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back