Jebao SINE Cross-Flow Pump SCP-150M

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought two new Jebao SINE Cross-Flow Pump SCP-150M for my 125G five foot tank.

Does anyone else here have these? Are you using the Jebao Aqua app?

I figured out how to get them connected to the app. Both pumps show up and I have them grouped. When I try and set the PROGRAM settings for the group it doesn't seem to work. Well, I can adjust the settings, hit SAVE then DONE, and when I'm at the main control page for the group it doesn't update. It's stuck at 30%.

I'm trying to use the SINE program at 35-40%. Might use the CLASSIC or other modes, but none seem to stay set.

I keep seeing "Pump body stalled" messages when I try to use PROGRAM mode.

If I switch over to MANUAL mode and use CLASSIC in PULSE mode I can set it to 40% and it seems to "stick".

Before I return these I figured I see if anyone else had luck getting them to work with the app.

FWIW, I'm using the latest version of the iPhone app.

Currently also running some Sicce XSTREAM SDC POWERHEAD (270 - 2250 GPH) which are also wireless; don't have any issues with those.

Thanks for any input.

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that’s similar. They are very confusing. There are a couple of YouTube videos that do a nice job of explaining how to get them working. Sorry I can’t give you more information than that,

OP
OP
Morbo

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the scp-90 and having the same issue, I cannot find anything on YouTube to explain any troubleshooting or set up. Just reviews.

Yeah, I looked all over the 'net for some information but found nothing. I've removed them both from the Aqua app and am just running them with the controllers. If I'd known the app/app control was junk I might have bought the non-WiFi version; not sure though cause it was only $10-15 more.

I'm only running these on speed 2 in W2 (Sine) mode. Running them much high really makes the Nems mad. lol. One (our bubbliest one) already moved into a cave, hiding behind another Nem.

Debating whether or not to return them.

ashburn2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the newest 180 one with white/purple controller, they worked fine with WiFi controller and also master/slave assignment was simple straightforward

TatorTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@ashburn2k is your Jebao still running well? I'm thinking about ordering the newer version (with the white/purple controller) from Amazon and was curious how it was treating you?

Are you happy with the size you ordered? Any tips, tricks, or lessons you could share on this? I'm not seeing much information about these yet online.

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have two scp 90's .. my first one was great and no problems. my 2nd one i ordered to pair up with the first gave me problems out of the box. pump would stall and wouldn't pair up properly, I kept getting flashing lights error on the controller too.
Had no help from the company I bought it from, until almost 5 weeks later when I sent payment for another unit, after which I had a speedy response --- After nearly 30 emails back and forth with support I still got no where with them for a replacement, not to mention the less than adequate understanding/ communication.
The good thing is it started working on its own after 3 weeks after using an older extra controller I had, at least with minimum functionality, I still have a Flow rate issue with it though.

thats jebao for you. you can buy another if your not happy and it would still seem like a bargain, price wise.

TatorTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have two scp 90's .. my first one was great and no problems. my 2nd one i ordered to pair up with the first gave me problems out of the box. pump would stall and wouldn't pair up properly, I kept getting flashing lights error on the controller too.
Had no help from the company I bought it from, until almost 5 weeks later when I sent payment for another unit, after which I had a speedy response --- After nearly 30 emails back and forth with support I still got no where with them for a replacement, not to mention the less than adequate understanding/ communication.
The good thing is it started working on its own after 3 weeks after using an older extra controller I had, at least with minimum functionality, I still have a Flow rate issue with it though.

thats jebao for you. you can buy another if your not happy and it would still seem like a bargain, price wise.
Yikes! Unfortunately, you're 100% right about buying a replacement and it's still a bargain if it breaks.

Thanks for the quick follow up. I think I'll order it through Amazon so at least I'd have a 30 day period to figure out if it works or it's DOA. Unfortunately, I think if it were to break, it'd likely happen during a cleaning and I have no gyre experience.

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
word of advice,
think twice about looking at cleaning diagrams from the manual and attempting to open the unit for cleaning accordingly. the model may not match the exact manual sent to you, and you may end up breaking a piece trying to clean it .
just IME

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back