Jebao SLW Series?

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a new low profile wavemaker for my 45 gallon SPS tank and have been debating between Coral Box RN-1 (maybe 2) and a Maxspect Gyre 330. Just came across the Jebao SLW series and they are significantly cheaper than the Coral Box and appear to be very similar. Anyone have experience with the Jebao SLW and/or know how they stack up to the Coral Box or Gyre?

JeepTj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had badluck and goodluck in the past with jabeo but cant speak for that model... as for maxspect… they move ALOT of water, im running dual Maxspect XF350's on my 135 gallon.. with the icv6 wireless app controller and the surface looks like white water rapids ..lol hahah

OP
OP
C

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the feedback. I have had pretty decent luck with Jebao pumps but I always bought them from Reefbreeders and got a warranty. I'm nervous buying them from a less reputable vendor without the warranty. I have heard great thing about the Maxspect Gyres 300 series but thought I would explore a cheaper option if I can get the same results. I would prefer to spend $300 and be happy then $140 and be dissatisfied. But spending less than half of what the Maxspect cost and being happy would be my first choice.

My tank is pretty packed with rock and coral so I am worried one 330 would not be able to distribute flow throughout the whole tank. Two of the Jebaos or Coral box may do a better job at eliminating or atleast reducing dead spots. I have attached a picture of my tank for reference. You can see my need for more dispersed flow and lower profile wavemaker (the Coral Box QP 16 takes up half my tank)

20190525_181840.jpg

JeepTj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I see your point, the maxpect can be adjusted vertically and create a whirlpool effect.. I had both mine on back wall pushing to front glass... I had a hard time dialing in the angle of the deflector to keep bubbles form tital wave on surface, or sand storm at the bottom front glass... now @ 50% and -50% max on the lunar cycle I have no issues as dead area that I might have below pump on back wall is covered when it does the -50 and pushes it down..(not near as powerfull as the +50% tho.. )

I still have a older jabeo in the sump for low circulation and a smaller jabeo pump I use for water transfer.. works great but also have 2 I got from amazon that controllers failed under 30 days .. thank god for amazons return policies :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.9%
Back