New for 2024 Jecod/Jebao Stuff

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the new 2024 Jecod/Jebao models are starting to hit AliE. Seems the new designation is "D" (i.e. SLW > MLW > ALW > ELW > DLW), and the big change is that the controllers now use Bluetooth instead of wifi. Should be good for all the people who can't run a 2.4ghz dedicated wireless band.

I noticed the Nero-style pumps (DLW) and gyres (DCP) are available, but haven't really dug any deeper yet to see if the return pumps and other style wavemakers have hit the site yet.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks interesting! :) Then we can see what next years Reef Factory stuff will look like - just reimagine the colors! ;)

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had great success with Jebao for 7 years.
Claims of poor quality didn’t ring true for me.
Nice change by them.
Same. Very pro on the jebao dc return pumps, run them on both tanks, one continuously since 2018.

Now I said that, I'll jinx myself, lol.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of the wifi nero 5 jebao knock offs and other than being a pain to get onto my network they have worked flawlessly.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of the wifi nero 5 jebao knock offs and other than being a pain to get onto my network they have worked flawlessly.
Key to that is a dedicated 2.4 ghz router, no mesh stuff @ all. My dedicated 2.4 network is isolated from my router that does have a few mesh range extending devices. Ended up a lot easier to jive with the jebao wifi stuff and the chinesium kessil knockoffs I'm now using.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Key to that is a dedicated 2.4 ghz router, no mesh stuff @ all. My dedicated 2.4 network is isolated from my router that does have a few mesh range extending devices. Ended up a lot easier to jive with the jebao wifi stuff and the chinesium kessil knockoffs I'm now using.
Same with my old ai hydra 26hds. I had to put an entire old Netgear router in my equipment shed just for the purpose of running those lights.
The mesh system that I was using at one point would find one but not the other two or two of the three. Etc etc. And it would always seem to change which ones it would find.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Jecod ELW works on my mesh network flawlessly. I have 5ghz and 2.4 ghz separated. Was as easy as anything else to setup. Anyone try the new DLW? Any real differences other than bluetooth?

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to order one of these. Aliexpress won't accept any form of payment for me because "fraud protection". They want my bank statement :p Guess I won't ever be buying from Aliexpress. Hope someone sells these on Amazon soon.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy them from other sources...

Never had a alie issue, prolly your cc/debit card issuer has had issues previously.
It's a pretty well documented issue, I see now that I've researched it. Also, I tried like 3 different cards as well as paypal.

Who else sells these new pumps?

SatBchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a Jebao ELW-30 up and running. Just picked up 2 that will be delivered tomorrow. I already have a couple SLW-20s and decided to get the ELW with what seems like a new controller update. Wasn't able to find much information on them on youtube or anywhere else on the controller details.

OP
OP
Hooz

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three ELW-5ms running in 2 different tanks, all connected via wifi.

Screenshot_20240325_184727_Jebao Aqua.jpg

Screenshot_20240325_184739_Jebao Aqua.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back