Jebao UV 75W

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with this?

Tempted to buy after a 3 month hiatus with dinos.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you verified that the type of Dinos you have can be controlled via a UV sterilizer?

All dinos are destroyed by UV. Just some don’t want to go into water column, without force;)

Anyone have any experience with this?

Tempted to buy after a 3 month hiatus with dinos.

These work short term, long term the plastic degrades and leaches into the aquarium, not good. These SS ones will rust over time.

I used this same one with great success for short term. Hook it up with pump in main DT. Every night blow the sand bed and rocks with turkey bastor, this will get dinos into water column and destroyed by UV. You will be clear shortly if you have your nutrients back up.

good luck!

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All dinos are destroyed by UV. Just some don’t want to go into water column, without force;)

These work short term, long term the plastic degrades and leaches into the aquarium, not good. These SS ones will rust over time.

I used this same one with great success for short term. Hook it up with pump in main DT. Every night blow the sand bed and rocks with turkey bastor, this will get dinos into water column and destroyed by UV. You will be clear shortly if you have your nutrients back up.

good luck!
Hi, I was looking into this sterilizer as well and have seen people talking about the leaching with the older model that is fully black plastic. Are you saying this stainless steel body model still has degrading and leaching issues? If so that is a real bummer

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was looking into this sterilizer as well and have seen people talking about the leaching with the older model that is fully black plastic. Are you saying this stainless steel body model still has degrading and leaching issues? If so that is a real bummer

Not sure what’s on the inside of these but the SS will rust.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back